• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That is because no spin "attack" is selected and people should be at the top are pushed at the middle order. Mahela and Dilshan to open, Sanga at three and Mathews at four is the ideal, but the rest is so much poo, that MJ and Mathews have to bat lower down.
The point was that our weaker components within the team ended up being the ones who got us home. Everyone in this team bar Karunaratne is batting in position, Thirimanne as an opener is fine, Mahela has way more utility down at 4 or 5 than anyone else in Sri Lanka so with a functioning opening pair the push for him to open is redundant for mine, despite what happened today.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
AWTA.

On a semi-related note, about time the ICC banned any more dark blue or dark green team kits. Far too many of those in use.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sometimes I secretly wish for the Netherlands and Zimbabwe to become awesome teams just for the sake of the colour palette.

Howe_zat

Audio File
We can sort it out, we just need Afghanistan to start wearing purple or something and Ireland to start playing in orange no wait don't do that do anything but that

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
They'd clash with the white ball though.
Doesn't seem to matter in rugby.

New Zealand wears black in cricket and rugby, South Africa and Ireland green in both, Aussie yellow in both, Scotland blue in both... it just makes sense. And not a creamy white like in Tests but a real white.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Making sight-screens white in ODIs is a fair way to balance only having four men outside of the ring IMO

Binkley

U19 Captain
I vaguely recalled that at some point in the late-80s the New Zealand team played a series in white with black highlights. The internet tells me that it was only for one game (against WA in Perth), that the uniform was quickly canned and that:

The kit was controversial and caused a lot of head-scratching as the white ball used in the game blended into the bowlers' clothes like an optical illusion. The white shirt and trousers were consequently retired, not to be seen ever again.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Home and away kits would need to be modified too. The Indian football home kit is blue and the away kit is white with orange piping. Since white isn't suitable, the ODI away kit would need to be an inversion of the current ODI kit - which would make it identical to the Netherlands ODI kit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Teams having similar kits isn't the problem in cricket that is in association football, rugby, hockey etc due to the defined roles of the different teams. Attack and defence are not fluid. It's nice to have some variation, and it's even nicer when teams don't change their primary colour all the time, but it's not imperative.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I want to feel free to curse at a player without having to check whether or not he's got a bat in his hand, dammit.