• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeeGee

International Captain
Schedulers taking the piss making SL and Afghan. play in Dunedin. Poor bastards look frozen.

Flem274*

123/5
malinga's bowling spells serious trouble for SL.

these look like perfect kulasekara conditions. is this the usual blaming of the slowest bowler for a loss in effect?

viriya

International Captain
Thisara over Kula makes little sense - I guess to test him out assuming a guaranteed win.

Malinga bowling with the new ball over Angelo makes even less sense.

Flem274*

123/5
Mangal is one of the more disappointing openers I've seen in ODIs. He never looked likely. Is he usually better?

viriya

International Captain
Angelo to bowl just 6 overs to "rest" and get his mate Thisara to bowl his 10 for 60 after this.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
malinga's bowling spells serious trouble for SL.

these look like perfect kulasekara conditions. is this the usual blaming of the slowest bowler for a loss in effect?
You can't drop lakmal he was SL's best bowler in the opener. You can't drop Malinga he needs the game time and without him firing they have next to no chance in thr knock outs.

Kulasekera is in terrrible form, he's the obvious casulty. Mathews can do exactly what he offers no trouble, why pick him? Thisara is ok but why don't they pick the young fella or sena?

Flem274*

123/5
You can't drop lakmal he was SL's best bowler in the opener. You can't drop Malinga he needs the game time and without him firing they have next to no chance in thr knock outs.

Kulasekera is in terrrible form, he's the obvious casulty. Mathews can do exactly what he offers no trouble, why pick him? Thisara is ok but why don't they pick the young fella or sena?
lakmal is a hack, thisara is worse and kula is light years ahead of mathews as a bowler imo. he was #1 in the rankings for a spell.

if everyone was bowling well i'd pick malinga, kula, angelo, senanananaa and herath. i see your point about kula's form though and this would have been a good game to get charmander some overs in case he's needed, which he probably will be if malinga continues stinking up the joint.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
lakmal is a hack, thisara is worse and kula is light years ahead of mathews as a bowler imo. he was #1 in the rankings for a spell.

if everyone was bowling well i'd pick malinga, kula, angelo, senanananaa and herath. i see your point about kula's form though and this would have been a good game to get charmander some overs in case he's needed, which he probably will be if malinga continues stinking up the joint.
Lakmal is decent imo, he seems to be their form seamer I wouldn't drop him. The way Kulasekara has been bowling thisara would be a slight improvement I reckon, he couldn't do much worse any way. Mathews is a decent bowler but he doesn't bowl enough, I don't really no why he doesn't bowl enough but SL would be much better off if he could bowl more overs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm really liking Shenwari's technique here. Not concerned with this slow strike rate as I'm sure Afghanistan wouldn't even mind if they made 20 from the next 9 overs, if it meant they were just 2 down at the halfway point.