• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th Match - New Zealand v England

Who will win this match?

• New Zealand

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • England

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah - I am going too. Will be my first time in a Westpac sellout (but it should be at the basin!!! says Heefness) - I will let myself get hyped when I see the sun in the morning. I will be hitting Trax at 1pm and knocking a couple back then heading in (basically the same plan as 90% of the fans) Hope Trax have extra staff on hand.
I would've attempted to get tickets to this if it was at The Basin, but tbf tickets would've been much harder to get.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I am heading along today and am feeling very nervous. I think years of New Zealand Cricket shooting itself in the foot at the worst possible moment is at fault. I can't think of many "worst possible moments" than an early self-out match in a home World Cup.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I am heading along today and am feeling very nervous. I think years of New Zealand Cricket shooting itself in the foot at the worst possible moment is at fault. I can't think of many "worst possible moments" than an early self-out match in a home World Cup.
To be fair NZ could lose this match without it affecting their chances all that much.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
This will be the real test for NZ. To date we've been feeding off, with all due respect, some average bowling from SL and Pak. When we came up against some reasonable seamers in Scotland our top order struggled. Yes, we were going for quick runs but the point holds. In England we'll face a good bowling attack with fast, tall seamers who will trouble us with more bounce and pace. It will be an interesting game and I wouldn't be too surprised if England get up and win this game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Trying to work out how to watch this without destroying my sleep patterns. Any ideas?
Well given most of the game will happen while you're meant to be asleep, that's basically going to be impossible unless you just record it and watch it later.

Flem274*

123/5
We beat South Africa in South Africa over a three match series with no Taylor and a squad lacking experience. We can handle England jonbrooks. That's not to say we will because Anderson and Broad are top class, but it's not like good fast bowling is completely unknown to us.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's no good to hit the ground running in a world cup with this vast a fixture list. How can anyone be said to be 'due' if your players keep producing assured, confident performances? Ideally you want to hit the ground flopping uselessly, hopefully at some speed and spraining a limb in the process.

I'd like to see England produce a distinctly ordianry all-round display and lose by about 80 runs. So long as that happens I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that we're taking the trophy home.
Pretty sure England are destined to meet South Africa in the quarter finals where you'll remember how to play cricket at the same time as they forget.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Strategic leave days aren't an option. Think it's a 3-hour nap now and I'll see you boys in time to watch Mo stick Trent into the Tasman.
Should've gone to sleep early e.g. around 8.pm, miss the first hour wake up at 2, watch the rest before work.

I like 1am starts tbh.

I get up early and have a massive breakfast. It's great.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Strategic leave days aren't an option. Think it's a 3-hour nap now and I'll see you boys in time to watch Mo stick Trent into the Tasman.
optimistic

Wellington Harbour might be achievable though. One bounce on the roof and then along the asphalt outside into the drink?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Just started my 12 day free foxtel play subscription so all set for todays game:D

Quality's not the best in full screen but certainly better than the crappy streams I'm used too!!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
After a grim cloudy morning, the sun is starting to break through here. Reckon it'll be bright and blue by the time of the coin toss.