• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap Innings thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Will add to this list as the tournament progresses. To qualify for the list you need to not look the part during your knock even if you are normally good.

1) Balbirnie vs Windies
2) Younis Khan vs India
3) Gary Ballance vs Australia (technically flawed on his dismissal in a manner I have never seen before)

Feel free to make submissions or debate the entries

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some people may disagree, but I thought Shehzad's innings was really really poor. When he was batting with Harris, all he needed to do was take singles and give him the strike because Harris was batting quite superbly. Shehzad just couldn't get the ball in the gaps at all and built tons of pressure on himself and Harris. Once or twice, he released the pressure with a very high risk shot like a charge down the wicket swipe through midwicket and a sliced slog down the ground... but it only ended up delaying the inevitable. The pressure he built at his end affected Harris too and it completely stifled the Pakistan chase.

It'd have been a good innings if he'd absorbed the pressure and played a proper anchor knock and scored 80-100 off 120-125 balls. But he buckled under the pressure of those dot balls and dug his own hole.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I was going to say Shehzad, but after the awkward fidgety uncomfortable phase he started to find the fence more regularly. And overall he kept Pak on track with chase. So would have been harsh to him.

OverratedSanity

I was going to say Shehzad, but after the awkward fidgety uncomfortable phase he started to find the fence more regularly. And overall he kept Pak on track with chase. So would have been harsh to him.
Had to resort to charging down the track to get those boundaries though... he just didn't look in control at all.

Spark

Global Moderator
Some people may disagree, but I thought Shehzad's innings was really really poor. When he was batting with Harris, all he needed to do was take singles and give him the strike because Harris was batting quite superbly. Shehzad just couldn't get the ball in the gaps at all and built tons of pressure on himself and Harris. Once or twice, he released a pressure with very high risk shots like a charge down the wicket swipe through midwicket and a sliced slog down the ground... but it only ended up delaying the inevitable. The pressure he built at his end affected Harris too and which is what completely stifled the Pakistan chase.

It'd have been a good innings if he'd absorbed the pressure and played a proper anchor knock and scored 80-100 off 120-125 balls. But he buckled under the pressure of those dot balls and dug his own hole.
Agree completely with this, said so at the time.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Steve smith vs england.

I have a feeling that he's starting to get TOO fidgety. Looks completely off-balanced, as compared when he was moving a lot but was really good at keeping his balance and head in line.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stirling, Joyce and O'Brien vs. West Indies. All because Ireland are a blight on our inclusive game with their overcoming the odds and traditions of the game shenanigans. [/bleedblue]

Spark

Global Moderator
Steve smith vs england.

I have a feeling that he's starting to get TOO fidgety. Looks completely off-balanced, as compared when he was moving a lot but was really good at keeping his balance and head in line.
He looked genuinely nervous tbh, and it showed in his footwork. You can see on his dismissal that his back foot was planted on leg stump rather than going back and across as usual.

He'll be fine.

Younus Khan as an operner especially in Ind Vs. Pak match, what else could have been expected. It was the worst decision by Misbah to move him up, in fact to include him at all. Nasir would have done way better.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Misbah's innings. Played far too slowly and didn't let Lala get in his groove.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I agree with those saying Shehzad. Probably not the worst innings, but in the context of the match Pakistan really needed him and Haris to set a strong platform. Shehzad basically was super scratchy and his inabiiity to take quick singles was what hurt Pakistan the most.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Shehzad's innings reminds me a lot of Rohit Sharma in a run chase. Good player but his approach is more on the high risk side.

_Ed_

Ballance the first to have two innings nominated in this thread. Dubious honour.