• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap Innings thread

Niall

International Coach
Not really. The game was pretty much over at that point.
It was nearly dead, but he showed absolute no intent at all.

Kayes? Not even his mother expected him to score runs, but you would expect more from Shakib supposedly their best player.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
...is Shakib really their best batsman these days? MVP, certainly, but I don't think he's head-and-shoulders above Rahim like he used to be, and an in-form Marmadoola, playing-to-potential Sarkar + not-terrible Tamim are all there or thereabouts.

Good times for Bangladeshi batsmen, by the looks of things.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
...is Shakib really their best batsman these days? MVP, certainly, but I don't think he's head-and-shoulders above Rahim like he used to be, and an in-form Marmadoola, playing-to-potential Sarkar + not-terrible Tamim are all there or thereabouts.

Good times for Bangladeshi batsmen, by the looks of things.
Ya according to the ICC rankings, Mushfiq is their best now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes but off the next 52 balls he scored 39. Granted some came at the end when he was the only batsman left and had no choice but to go for runs. But his plan was to slowly accelerate and bat the 50 overs to set a target. The fact that he started really really slowly shouldn't matter as much as some people here are making it out to be because it's the first innings... Not a run chase where you constantly need to keep the Required RR in check. If Mathews and the lower order had stayed with Sanga and batted the full quota of overs, SL would've got to 210-220 imo. Not a great total but it's runs on the board against a side prone to collapses while chasing.
Without being very rigorous about it, I'm not sure if this adds up. The marginal value of runs when setting is n-shaped, with a par score at the peak, so that situation, where they're on course for a score that's way below par, is one where they want to take more risk than usual, not less.

OverratedSanity

Without being very rigorous about it, I'm not sure if this adds up. The marginal value of runs when setting is n-shaped, with a par score at the peak, so that situation, where they're on course for a score that's way below par, is one where they want to take more risk than usual, not less.
Only partly true imo. Why on earth would you want to willingly want to take any risks whatsoever when you're ****all for 3/4 down with a bad tail? As I said, had the others just stayed put at the crease for a while instead of getting too caught up in upping the runrate when they didn't need to, they would've had the licence to hit out in the last 9-10 overs. When you get bowled out in 37 overs I think it's the batsman who threw it away who are to blame instead of the guy who was batting poorly, but importantly, was batting. Just bat the 50 overs ffs. It's a damn crime to be bowled out that early. Especially considering it's SA who were the opposition.

To be clear, I'm not saying it was a great knock... I thought it was plainly mediocre. Just found the assertion that Sanga's innings was responsible for the others being utter **** to be silly.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not really. The game was pretty much over at that point.
Nah, it wasn't over at all.

Mushfiqur and Shakib are supposed to be their best batsmen. The foundation wasn't horrible. Soumya and Mahmudullah had made a decent fist of things.

I do think Suresh "Better bowler than Jadeja" Raina bowled particularly well and put on a lot of pressure.

Daemon

Nah, it wasn't over at all.

Mushfiqur and Shakib are supposed to be their best batsmen. The foundation wasn't horrible. Soumya and Mahmudullah had made a decent fist of things.

I do think Suresh "Better bowler than Jadeja" Raina bowled particularly well and put on a lot of pressure.
That's a bit of an issue with Bangladesh's batting order. Their best pair are usually at the crease when the game is already lost. They really need to take more responsibility and bat higher up.

halba

International 12th Man
aaron finch
a little bit of movement, he's all at sea..is he a long term option?

also an extra bonus point for selfish, wasting a review.

Last edited:

Daemon

He wasn't there long enough. I think 20 balls is a minimum for a batsmen to truly display that he has no clue.

GGG

State Captain
Gezzz I didn't realise how little we have played Australia of late, Finch has played more games against Scotland than New Zealand :/