• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap Innings thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
umar akmal. does all the hard work playing himself in, and throws it away
I feel that you and I have different opinions on what constitute a crap innings. Umar Akmal's innings was a typical ODI knock. He was the first batsman to look confident and just missed one, it happens.

halba

International 12th Man
I feel that you and I have different opinions on what constitute a crap innings. Umar Akmal's innings was a typical ODI knock. He was the first batsman to look confident and just missed one, it happens.
we can comfortably say it doesnt qualify anymore. ZIM arent going to win this game, so PAK did a good job.

still think ross taylor and shane watson were good qualifiers for crap innings thread

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he was trying to, just realised he was playing down totally the wrong line, tried to adjust in a hurry with the bat coming down at an angle and was beaten by pace.
This is 100% what happened. Absolutely beaten ridiculously for pace and swing by a ball he hardly saw. No way was it an aimed hoick over the leg side, he never saw it well enough to even ponder that.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This is 100% what happened. Absolutely beaten ridiculously for pace and swing by a ball he hardly saw. No way was it an aimed hoick over the leg side, he never saw it well enough to even ponder that.
Yeah I don't know about the hoick it seemed like he barely moved the bat

Niall

International Coach
Gayle today v India.

He ran out Samuels, and tried to smack everything even though wickets were falling. The fact he was dropped a few times did not seem to calm him down either. I appreciate he is a hitter, but even Afridi would have not have been so reckless.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
mahela running himself out, when there was momentum today. crap innings
No. Teams are always going to have to take risks in that position. There's momentum because the strike is being turned over along with boundaries. Not ideal to be runout ever but a product of a good over, good fielding and a tough run rate to chase.