• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap Innings thread

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Exactly the point. He is genuine No 11 material..............and I don't think this thread was intended for tail ender nominations.
Yeah but the point is that this isn't even a batter of batting skill, this is a matter of staying somewhat in line with the ball. Would've been a better innings even if he played a forward defense and got clean bowled first ball.

Flem274*

123/5
even chris martin got in line.

we don't expect broad to be good with the bat, but we expect him to stand his ground.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Also shows why the bloke isn't vice captain of the side, and embarrasses England for making him a captain in any form.
Correct. Gutless. He epitomises England at the moment - used to be good, ****sure despite no recent form, timid, mentally weak, has the occasion good day which leads to chest-beating. And piss scared of Australia.

He deserves a mention even if he is a genuine No.11. All he had to do was get in line, wear a few if necessary, get off strike and bat for Root. He almost skied out straight away then played that pitiful shot from Southee (which would've been wide if he wasn't 2 feet outside leg). Such spineless stuff that no one representing their country should exhibit.

Ballance is in awful form, which happens. Gayle couldn't care less, which means he deserves a mention. Khan shouldn't be picked, which isn't his fault.

I'm proud of the way Gup has played in the World Cup so far. Came in with the knives out and pretty awful form, but has played for the team all three times out - and made contributions. Not massive ones, but enough to aid the game plan or to set a platform for our in-form top 7.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm proud of the way Gup has played in the World Cup so far. Came in with the knives out and pretty awful form, but has played for the team all three times out - and made contributions. Not massive ones, but enough to aid the game plan or to set a platform for our in-form top 7.
His inning vs England was handy

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have been debating whether to add deKock or not. He didn't look the part but he wasn't out there long enough to really offend my senses. I think I will give him a pass.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I don't think de Kock's innings was crap, he just got out early.

Morgan against NZ was the crappest I've seen thus far.

anil1405

International Captain
I don't think de Kock's innings was crap, he just got out early.

Morgan against NZ was the crappest I've seen thus far.

Its beyond crap. He got out at a stage (26th over) where the team needed him to stay there till the 35th over before he could accelerate. But instead he went for fancy strokes and got himself dismissed. What followed was a positive move from McCullum to bring back Southee (MAYBE he wouldn't have come into the attack so soon if Morgan was still there) and the rest is history.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Its beyond crap. He got out at a stage (26th over) where the team needed him to stay there till the 35th over before he could accelerate. But instead he went for fancy strokes and got himself dismissed. What followed was a positive move from McCullum to bring back Southee (MAYBE he wouldn't have come into the attack so soon if Morgan was still there) and the rest is history.
Southee definitely would not have come back. McCullum was straight up going for the kill.

Otherwise Southee's overs would have been saved for the death. Boult probably would have come back or a few overs from Elliot or something.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah state of that Bell innings. Not exactly tactically disastrous but not much of a contribution either and it just looked absolutely hideous.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If you're gonna have the De Kock against India innings in you're going to have 5 or 6 innings each match. He was attempting to play the way he has been succesful - he was just lacking some form.

Bell's innings is particularly galling because he has the experience. When you're playing your third world cup and have 158 odi innings (+105 tests) you should understand the game situation and be so much better. If it was Hales or Ballance or Taylor I'd be far less critical.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
How is Bell's innings worse than Ballance's or Root's or Taylor's though? He still contributed to a good partnership and he still laid a platform for a score that should have been much larger.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How is Bell's innings worse than Ballance's or Root's or Taylor's though? He still contributed to a good partnership and he still laid a platform for a score that should have been much larger.
I'm taking "crap innings" a bit less literally. Of course it's probably worse for the team if you nick out first ball. But it's a lot less ugly.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
There are mitigating reasons around the failings of Ballance or Taylor.

1) Bell has vastly more experience that all those names. Ballance and Taylor with 14 and 13 odis respectively played before the game quite frankly are destined to fail due to a lack of experience. Name any ODI players who were proven at that stage?
2) Bell is batting in his best position and where he has had plenty of experience playing in. Ballance and Taylor are batting out of position in alien positions to themselves
3) Ballance came into the tournament lacking match practice having broken his finger
4) Anybody can knick their third ball behind as Root did.

The first three are more failings of the teams preparations rather than specific player failures.

Bell has had everything in his favour but he looked like a novice out there. England need more from their experienced players like Bell.

tatsuro185

Cricket Spectator
All of Stuart Broads innings have been terrible so far, he hasnt looked comfortable at all. He has almost looked as if he has been scared of the quicks.