• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Bangladesh

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 7th Match of the World Cup between Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

Midwinter

State Captain
looking forward to this one

Afghanistan have exceeded all expectations
Bangladesh have underperformed.

A good test for both

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Afghani's have the better pace bowling, Bangers have the edge with the bat, and a massive advantage in the field. Should be interesting but am picking Bangladesh to win.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
looking forward to this one

Afghanistan have exceeded all expectations
Bangladesh have underperformed.

A good test for both
good post - likewise I am intrigued by this match,

In general this year's minnows seem to be better than previous editions

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afghanistan just don't have the batting. Their pace bowlers are impressive but it ends there sadly. Fairly confident Bangladesh will win, but there's always a chance.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Afghanistan just don't have the batting. Their pace bowlers are impressive but it ends there sadly. Fairly confident Bangladesh will win, but there's always a chance.
Other than Shakib and maybe Taskin (he's too new for me to make a real judgement though) Bangladesh doesn't really have the bowling either.

cnerd123

likes this
Mortaza is a still a gun. He's lost a bit of pace but is still sharp and has gotten a lot better with his control, variations and bowling plans since becoming captain. Was really impressive against Zim.

I back him to be BD's best bowler this WC.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Mortaza is a still a gun. He's lost a bit of pace but is still sharp and has gotten a lot better with his control, variations and bowling plans since becoming captain. Was really impressive against Zim.

I back him to be BD's best bowler this WC.
He has always been good. unfortunately very much in and out of the side. I don't particularly care for his action but there is nothing overtly wrong with it either.

andmark

International Captain
Would an Afghanistan win be classed as an "upset"? I'm not sure there's enough distance between the qualities of the two teams for it to be an upset imo

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Other than Shakib and maybe Taskin (he's too new for me to make a real judgement though) Bangladesh doesn't really have the bowling either.
Afghanistan will **** themselves against the spinners imo.

Hoping their bowlers shake Bangladesh up though.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Confidence is low in general around the camp losing 4 warm up games straight. Coach is backing Soumya as no. 3; too risky to play him at this position or even Mominul. Shakib or Mushfiq should come up the order but I think this will be our playing XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Soumya Sarkar
4. Mahmudullah
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Shabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafe
9. Taijul
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Taskin Ahmed

cnerd123

likes this
Really should be playing Mominul at 3.

Wouldn't consider it an upset if Afghanistan won in these conditions tbh. Their pace attack is better than many of the Test nations and the field well. I'd back their batting to score 200-250ish in a run chase too, seeing how awful BD's quicks are and how the conditions don't offer too much for spin.

cnerd123

likes this
Afghanistan?

They fielded well against India till Rohit went berserk with Raina and the wheels came off.