• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Bangladesh

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladeshi domestic cricket has never been stronger than right now. But you don't just suddenly become the best team in the world overnight. What's the average age of the current team?
Maybe around 23 with Anamul, Mominul, Soumya, Taskin, Al Amin all in their early 20s or even less

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Heard a lot of Bangladeshi supporters travelled to Canberra from Sydney and other parts for this match. The atmosphere will be buzzing and expectation is pretty high.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Stupid shots, stupid internal bickering, crumbling too easy under pressure, lack of consistency in anything...and I can't see any way it will change as long as they continue to be celebrated in Pak for basically being mediocre.
why are you talking about Pakistan in Ban-Afg match thread.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
jono's boy has lied to me then
I'd be surprised if it sold out, I don't even think the ODI between South Africa and Australia at Manuka sold out, BBL final did though. It might though, who knows. Plenty of Afghani's around in Sydney and its not a bad drive.

Spark

Global Moderator
cricinfo has a link to a headline "full house expected for afghanistan's WC debut" but when i click on it

the plot thickens

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They'll probably get a decent amount of walk-ups though, especially later in the day after work finishes. Could see how they'd be expecting it to sell out but it actually hasn't yet.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Afg would have a decent chance if they had any batsmen. Right now they are a poorer version of Pak. Bangladesh should win this.

Still supporting Afg though. Them having a successful WC would be exactly the shake up the game so desperately needs. Not to mention the much needed joy it would bring to those war-torn people back home. Might even be the first step to bringing an end to all this conflict. Thinking about it, won't be a bad thing if Bang throw this for the greater cause of world peace.

Go on Shakib. Be the hero.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll probably get a decent amount of walk-ups though, especially later in the day after work finishes. Could see how they'd be expecting it to sell out but it actually hasn't yet.
People will come down to the ground on their way back from the beach* or the shops.

*banks of Lake Burley Griffin

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh should be so much better than they are though, you can't deny that. They have the best allrounder in the world, one of the better openers and enough reasonable players to win some ODIs and tests.

Instead they fold after gaining the ascendancy unless it's a home ODI series against New Zealand. Their lack of pace bowlers limits them but their depth in allrounders and spin bowling combined with being good enough in home conditions with the bat means they should win more games than they do.

Zimbabwe lose players every five minutes but they still put in good performances and upset top eight nations even if they're fielding Zimbabwe C. Ireland hardly ever get a go against good teams but when they do they perform. Even Scotland fought to the last ball today.
Too much icing.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Afg would have a decent chance if they had any batsmen. Right now they are a poorer version of Pak. Bangladesh should win this.

Still supporting Afg though. Them having a successful WC would be exactly the shake up the game so desperately needs. Not to mention the much needed joy it would bring to those war-torn people back home. Might even be the first step to bringing an end to all this conflict. Thinking about it, won't be a bad thing if Bang throw this for the greater cause of world peace.

Go on Shakib. Be the hero.
Afghans do have good batsmen but they lack application. The best I have noticed is Asghar Stanizkai, who has one hell of a tight technique, and bound to succeed in test cricket. But in ODIs some one should teach him how to push a single. He's good in stonewalling, and once shown against BAN, when decides to hit them, they stay hit.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Afghanistan pace bowling is actually overrated. Only Dawlat Zadran has raw pace but he is not much different than Varon of India. Plus they mainly bowl against fellow associates. Sorry but Bangladesh pacers are superior to Afghanistan but not by much. I feel Shakib will be too hot for Afghan players to handle. He is worlds number 1 ranked all-rounder and ranked 6 in ODIs bowling.
In the warm against India Hassan was definitely quicker than Dawlat Zadran. Hassan was 145kmph at times and on average probably 3-4 kmph quicker