• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Match - Ireland v West Indies

Athlai

Not Terrible
In the theme of this world cup, Dwayne has averaged 32.66 with a SR of 94 since 2011 opening.

Hardly Imrul Kayes.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think you probably want your most accurate bowlers opening, rather than necessarily your quickest. But most sides most accurate bowlers just tends to be their best test bowlers anyway.
Yeah maybe. I was thinking that the drop off in quality when the ball stops swinging is much much smaller for Starc-types than Mooney-types, and pace on the ball can even be a problem when the field is in. Plus it would give a real wicket-taking threat in the middle overs, even against batsmen that were just looking to work the singles.

Uppercut

Reckon the Windies will crush this. They're a strong minnow-bashing side, even given their current turmoil.
Yeah this is really true. Generally find that our bowlers just can't cope at all with their slogging ability.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he averages a lot more as a "batsman". Used to be a total norounder ala James Franklin. Averages 30+ opening

Has only been a serious batsman since 2010, which is less than a third of his career.
I figured the story might be something like that, hadn't paid enough attention to know though.

Nelson on a sunny day a nice place to play cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I figured the story might be something like that, hadn't paid enough attention to know though.

Nelson on a sunny day a nice place to play cricket.
Dwayne's not half bad. *points at screen*

Looking fairly minnow bashy today too.

Uppercut

The plan seems to be to bowl each bowler until the batsmen realise they're ****, then immediately replace them.

Flem274*

123/5
If we included a drink every time the commentators mentioned Ireland's "gentle/crafty/only/just medium pace" in the game we'd be in serious trouble.

No surprises the main culprits are the English.

Yessss piss off Smith.

Uppercut

If we included a drink every time the commentators mentioned Ireland's "gentle/crafty/only/just medium pace" in the game we'd be in serious trouble.

No surprises the main culprits are the English.

Yessss piss off Smith.
When Ireland take a wicket on Uppercut's birthday, down your drink.

Better get moving. Only an hour and a half left.