• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Match - Ireland v West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ireland's Call is too epic
Haha it's both brilliant and awful. For political reasons we were forced to create a wholly manufactured epic, inspirational tune, which is embarrassing, but he did do a great job of it.

Fields of Athenry is in another league though.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
John Mooney is a nasty looking f***er, isn't he. Got great style.

I fancy the Irish in a chase here. Anything under 300.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I forgot how ****ing terrifying Chris Gayle is when you support the team he's batting against.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon the Windies will crush this. They're a strong minnow-bashing side, even given their current turmoil.

Flem274*

123/5
Not a fan of the commentators saying it's a 300+ world cup already. Haven't even finished the first round yet.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow Dwayne Smith really is opening the batting in his hundredth ODI today while only averaging 19.

Still, WI should be happy to follow the winning template and bat first here.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Haha yeah I don't get why more teams don't use this type of bowler up top then bring in the express pace when the field is back.
I think you probably want your most accurate bowlers opening, rather than necessarily your quickest. But most sides most accurate bowlers just tends to be their best test bowlers anyway.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wow Dwayne Smith really is opening the batting in his hundredth ODI today while only averaging 19.

Still, WI should be happy to follow the winning template and bat first here.
Yeah he averages a lot more as a "batsman". Used to be a total norounder ala James Franklin. Averages 30+ opening

Has only been a serious batsman since 2010, which is less than a third of his career.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Come on, the NZ and Australian pitches all summer have been 300+ 90% of the time. It's a fair call.
Could argue that all four games wouldn't have seen 300+ scorers if the other side had batted first. 300 is still rarely chased, even with current regulations, so sides racking up 300 is more just domination than 300 being par.

Flem274*

123/5
Come on, the NZ and Australian pitches all summer have been 300+ 90% of the time. It's a fair call.
Depends who is batting and bowling though. Of course there will be loads of 300+ scores with India down under and Sri Lanka/Pakistan being a bit under strength.