• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Match - Australia v England

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Still a fan of Root as a finisher tbh. Though if someone were to come in at 3 and push the rest down I'd rather it were Hales.
I'd have no objection to that scenario. I don't particularly rate Hales that highly and reckon he'd be a pretty big role of the dice, but again I'd rather take the chance on him than stick with what we know is not going to work with Bopara.

Basically, so long as Ravi doesn't make the 11 today I'm happy..........Hales or Ballance both have to be better options.

Niall

International Coach
Probably to early for him but would have loved to have seen Billings have had a go in one or two of the 236 ODIS England played in the last year, yeah it may be a purple patch but his hitting for Kent was beastly.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree with that....it (bringing in Ballance in place of Bopara) would be more of a test batting lineup than an ODI.
What's with this whole "If you don't strike at a rate in excess of 100 and strike gold immediately in ODIs you aren't good for the format" mentality

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
God, I hate this "England didn't show faith in Ravi's bowling". Why would he bowl if the five frontline bowlers are doing a good job? He's not a better bowler than any of them in Aus conditions.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I really hope they don't endure with that huge ass graphic showing the faces of the batsmen and bowler.

Really now.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Are we seriously going to have to put up with the players' mugs at the bottom of the screen for the entire game?