• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bloody Valentines day, I'll have to get up early to make pancakes so I can drink beer and watch cricket all day.

BeeGee

International Captain
So pumped about this, but man, this World Cup is going to mess with my sleeping patterns something shocking. Saturday's game starts at 1am my time, that's pretty much the worst possible time for an ODI to start. This is a weekend game so it's not so bad, but when weekday games come along its going to be such a mission.
It's perfect for me. Day games start at 3pm and D/N at 6pm.

Bloody Valentines day, I'll have to get up early to make pancakes so I can drink beer and watch cricket all day.
We're a day behind so I can take the missus out on Saturday without missing the game.

Everything's coming up BeeGee.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wont be able to watch but will send pyschic waves of support
Likewise, but I'm going to record the game in full.

I doubt I'll be able to resist a sneaky few looks at Cricinfo and CW while I'm at work, though.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Does Prime have HD like TV1-3? sky cable is old fashioned for HD TV until April I heard, unless you have MYskyhd

Zinzan

Wont be able to watch but will send pyschic waves of support
Are you serious mate? You're the most prolific Kiwi poster of the forum & you're not going to be watching NZ's opening game of the cricket WC? Just seems bizarre. :wacko:

Even if you don't have sky (which is bizarre enough), you don't have a mates house or a pub to watch it?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Are you serious mate? You're the most prolific Kiwi poster of the forum & you're not going to be watching NZ's opening game of the cricket WC? Just seems bizarre. :wacko:

Even if you don't have sky (which is bizarre enough), you don't have a mates house or a pub to watch it?
And he's moving to Hamilton. Worst bloke.

_Ed_

I have been saying that this is the most excited I have been about a World Cup since '99, but I'm going to change that to 'ever'. I can't wait. Bring on tomorrow.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I think he's probably just at work or busy moving or something. I doubt he'd just decide cbf. :p

halba

International 12th Man
Most grounds should be close to full capacity as I'm sure we'll see classes and classes of Kiwi school kids filling up the seats waving flags of other countries =D

By the way since it's going to drizzle tomorrow morning and provide some swing, my seam attack will be Trent Boult, Trent Boult, and Trent Boult :clap:
seamers will be
southee, boult and milne

seamers should be

southee, boult, McClenaghan

Last edited: