• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Xuhaib

International Coach
I've been wondering this myself. I think there'll be decent, but far from sell-out crowds for the games between the major countries. I've been keeping an eye on the ticket sales for the SRL v ENG game and I think there've been about 8-10,000 tickets sold so far, so it's not unreasonable to expect a final crowd of around 15,000 which will probably be fairly typical.
thats encouraging to here. the good thing is NZ grounds are not massive so even a game with 10000 people shall provide a good atmosphere and look packed atleast for tv viewers.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to seeing a packed Eden Park for the big games there. Hasn't happened for cricket in a long time.

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
thats encouraging to here. the good thing is NZ grounds are not massive so even a game with 10000 people shall provide a good atmosphere and look packed atleast for tv viewers.
10,000 in Wellington (it's at the Westpac Stadium, not the Basin Reserve) will look pretty sparse. However, if 10k have been sold at this stage then I expect a fair few more decide to go late once WC fever starts. I for one plan to go to that game but haven't bought the tickets yet.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
how will be the WC attendances in NZ. I know most of NZ games will be close to packed houses but what about other games especially among the big 8 for eg Pak-SA game at Auckland will it have good attendances or will it be usual NZ crowd of 3 men and a dog.
I'll be at the Pak-SA game :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The pak v wi game is close to a sellout already. Onya Christchurch.
Capacity isn't huge. Would be disappointing for any World Cup match to not sell out down there. No idea how ticket sales have gone in Nelson for their matches, but I've heard good things.

_Ed_

Hagley is up to 18,000 with temporary seats apparently, so it's a fair effort.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
WI v Ireland at Nelson is also a sellout. People obviously keen to see Chris Gayle slog a few 6's before he nicks off for 20-something.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hagley is up to 18,000 with temporary seats apparently, so it's a fair effort.
A city the size of Christchurch which has been starved for international sport should sell out 18,000 easily.

Great news to hear Ireland vs. WI is sold out. Should be a good atmosphere then!

Meridio

International Regular
So pumped about this, but man, this World Cup is going to mess with my sleeping patterns something shocking. Saturday's game starts at 1am my time, that's pretty much the worst possible time for an ODI to start. This is a weekend game so it's not so bad, but when weekday games come along its going to be such a mission.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like Milne will be picking up the 3rd seamers spot for tomorrow. Might be a bit of morning drizzle, but overall the forecast looks decent.

So excite.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Most grounds should be close to full capacity as I'm sure we'll see classes and classes of Kiwi school kids filling up the seats waving flags of other countries =D

By the way since it's going to drizzle tomorrow morning and provide some swing, my seam attack will be Trent Boult, Trent Boult, and Trent Boult :clap:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Sri Lanka favorites for mine.

They'll get the ball to nip around in the cloudy conditions and we'll struggle to post a total.

Daemon

Well yes but Zimbabwe nearly had you the other day so it's not out of the question

That said they beat SL pretty comprehensively too..