• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Flem274*

123/5
we won't get our own commentators though so we'll all have to get drunk to deal with the incompetents and the patronising ****s star sports will give us in between the blokes worth listening to.

Athlai

Not Terrible
we won't get our own commentators though so we'll all have to get drunk to deal with the incompetents and the patronising ****s star sports will give us in between the blokes worth listening to.
Yeah we will, I checked the commentators for the world cup prior to making it.

New broadcast features all set to make ICC Cricket World Cup cricket?s ?greatest? extravaganza | News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

These include Wasim Akram, Russell Arnold, Michael Atherton, Ian Bishop, Allan Border, Ian Botham, Simon Doull, Rahul Dravid, Damien Fleming, Sourav Ganguly, Sunil Gavaskar, Matthew Hayden, Michael Hussey, Dean Jones, Nasser Hussain, Brendon Julian, Nick Knight, Brett Lee, David Lloyd, Sanjay Manjrekar, Damien Martyn, Mpumelelo Mbangwa, Tom Moody, Shaun Pollock, Rameez Raja, Mark Richardson, Michael Slater, Ian Smith, Scott Styris, Mark Taylor, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh alongside Harsha Bhogle, Mark Nicholas and Alan Wilkins.

So we'll get Doully, Styris, Smithy, Richardson with two 'representing' the opposition. When we play Australia we may drop down to 3.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be a point for every time Russel Arnold mentions another sport. Seems to bring up his fandom of Rugby League, Soccer, Union and his collection of shirts all the time.

Still more enthralling than most of the shower of **** that gets dished up on the TV.

Note: Jeremy Coney is commentating for BBC Radio, so I'll be tuning in to that if I can.

EDIT: Someone making the sensible choice not to employ Danny "DLF Dillers ****-a-doodle-doo Happy Haka Maximum" Morrison.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there going to be a thread for every match?

Good move imo, at the very least it's definitely necessary to split the NZ games from everything else. Would be a pain to wade through 200 posts every time Boult sneezes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Should be a point for every time Russel Arnold mentions another sport. Seems to bring up his fandom of Rugby League, Soccer, Union and his collection of shirts all the time.

Still more enthralling than most of the shower of **** that gets dished up on the TV.

Note: Jeremy Coney is commentating for BBC Radio, so I'll be tuning in to that if I can.

EDIT: Someone making the sensible choice not to employ Danny "DLF Dillers ****-a-doodle-doo Happy Haka Maximum" Morrison.
Don't think Arnold will be in the box beyond the SL games for us.
Don't worry we'll let you know when you have to sip a Sol for the commentary ones.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every time Kyle Mills takes a wicket, where ever I am in the world, I will stand up and belt out the chorus of Ol' Man River. Guaranteed.

EDIT: Might sound weird as I doubt I have the baritone for it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was hoping for the "every time someone posts "WHERE ARE ALL THE BOULT HATERS NOW"" option
I'm going to chuck it to some of my mates off forum so decided to keep the CWisms off of it. But yeah I definitely think that should be an honorary drink.

Howsie

International Captain
Southee, Boult, Milne please.

I was deadset certain we were going to see Southee, Mitch and Ol Man River come the first game, Boult has definitely booked himself a spot in this team now though. I'd actually venture to say he's booked himself a spot in this team throughout the entire tournament, he's been that good over the last couple of weeks.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
What are your predictions for Sl's line up

Im thinking

Dilshan
Thirimanne
Sanga
Jaya
Chandimal
Mathews
Perera
Kulasekera
Senanayake
Herath
Malinga

Doubt they will play both Perera and Mendis. Chandimal just edges Kuranaratne. Id be tempted to play the youngster ahead of Kula. Kula has been poor apart from having Guptill's number, I reckon Mathews could perform Kulas medium pace role.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Think NZ are pretty comfortable favourites, if the pitch is a little slow or something we'll come into the game though, a big score batting first is also a must, think Karunaratne has just about got himself a spot batting 5 given how awful Chandimal was in the lead up, 2 proper spinners would be nice but expect to see Jeevan Mendis playing at 8 instead

Zinzan

I won't be complaining if Boult gets the first-up start ahead of Mills for game 1 after that spell, whether it was a practice game or not.

Especially since they're playing at the same venue.

Picking the selectors to go with Southee, Boult, Milne.

Mike5181

International Captain
I won't be complaining if Boult gets the first-up start ahead of Mills for game 1 after that spell, whether it was a practice game or not.

Especially since they're playing at the same venue.

Picking the selectors to go with Southee, Boult, Milne.
I honestly don't mind who they select as the third seamer now. Any of Milne, Mitch, Mills could do the job pretty well.

Zinzan

Think NZ are pretty comfortable favourites, if the pitch is a little slow or something we'll come into the game though, a big score batting first is also a must, think Karunaratne has just about got himself a spot batting 5 given how awful Chandimal was in the lead up, 2 proper spinners would be nice but expect to see Jeevan Mendis playing at 8 instead
Agree we're favourites, but it becomes a 50/50 game if SL win the toss and bat first for me.

Zinzan

I honestly don't mind who they select as the third seamer now. Any of Milne, Mitch, Mills could do the job pretty well.

It's a secondary thing, but Milne >>>> Mitch quite comfortably in the batting & fielding depts.

I actually think Milne has enough talent to bat as high as 8 some time in the future.