• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First two games of the World Cup

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sure I've just had a month of Aus vs. Eng and NZ vs. SL. **** this.

smash84

The Tiger King
and Pakistan will obviously land up in Australia all undercooked for playing down under on top of being ****e.

Also India play their warm ups at adelaide.

Kohli is going to eat bilawal bhatti for lunch

smash84

The Tiger King
Yesterday I was at a place where some bangladeshis were present as well. They thought Bilawal Bhatti was low standard even by their standards :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty sure I've had a decade of Jono's whiny arse posting, cricket world cup ffs and the **** isn't happy

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
and Pakistan will obviously land up in Australia all undercooked for playing down under on top of being ****e.

Also India play their warm ups at adelaide.

Kohli is going to eat bilawal bhatti for lunch
I think Bhatti is not in the team, he was just with the team to replace junaid If needed but after his great performance he went home I guess.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Bhatti was never actually in the squad. He was playing against NZ on a trial basis because they knew Junaid would probably have to pull out. His trial was not impressive so they picked someone else (Rahat) to replace Junaid with instead.

BeeGee

International Captain
The opening game should have been NZ v Aus at Eden park, just like it was in '92. The two hosts playing each other would make for a much more interesting game given that they haven't played each other in ages and they are two of the favored teams in the tournament. Instead that game gets played on the 28th, two weeks into the tournament.

NZ v Aus in front of 50,000 screaming fans seems like a better spectacle to kick the tournament off with than (another) NZ v SL game in front of 15,000.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This isn't over yet? Feels like it's been going for months and yet we're still days away from it starting.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep this was predictably one sided. We spent months seeing these teams play and we cop the same result.

Wahhhh

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. Thrilled with NZ's performance, but the games were disappointing as contests. Hope it gets better from here, with some competitive games with sub-300 scores, and I hope that farce at the MCG just now is as bad as it gets umpiring-wise.