• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eclipse

International Debutant
And Bradman had a poor quidditch record. What's the relevance?

The batsmen to hit ODI 200's have been decent ODI players against decent opposition and that is all that matters.
My remark was probably not called for.

My point is you're probably never going to see 264 scored in an ODI at any ground in Australia. Conditions don’t allow it in my opinion. Grounds are much bigger wickets are not as flat and there is more assistance for quicks.

ODI batting conditions in the subcontinent are ideal for those kind of scores.

Eclipse

International Debutant

Virus reach twice 300 in test
Once reach 293 and out,
V.shewag and Bradman did in test,
If you read my post carefully you will see I was not talking about Shewag.

Even still It would have been much harder for Shewag to score an ODI 200 in Australian conditions.

the big bambino

International Captain
Ok despite it being in India scoring dbl tons in odis isn't like every other day now is it? Big up for Rohit for his magnificent achievements and his most recent innings against Australia. He's a class player.

cpr

International Coach
As far as I'm concerned, the day someone scores 300+ in a ODI is the day the ICC should officially rebrand it as Stick Cricket and give up on it being a meaningful competition.

For someone to basically go at 2 a ball for an entire 50 over game is either an indication the grounds are too small/flat and deliberately designed for big runs, or the rules are skewed to favour batting over bowling far too much, or simply the quality in the bowling side is non-existant.

The game stops being interesting if you dilute the skills required to excel so much.

Eclipse

International Debutant
As far as I'm concerned, the day someone scores 300+ in a ODI is the day the ICC should officially rebrand it as Stick Cricket and give up on it being a meaningful competition.

For someone to basically go at 2 a ball for an entire 50 over game is either an indication the grounds are too small/flat and deliberately designed for big runs, or the rules are skewed to favour batting over bowling far too much, or simply the quality in the bowling side is non-existant.

The game stops being interesting if you dilute the skills required to excel so much.
Agreed.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
The thing I ask is, do people want to see it? How well will it be received? Will it come to the days of 300 not being a winning score?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If Pukekura Park was hosting a game between a top team and a minnow, there'd be a chance.... but it's not.

Harmer

Banned
:cool:
World cup was played in the past with 60 /60 overs game. Sunil Gavaskar once batted 174 balls for 36 runs , vs. Rohit who hits 264 in 176 balls.
Sachin was the 1st. Who scored DBL. IN one day

Both pujara and ravindra jadoo just last year or so hits 3 TRIPLE CENTURIES in domestic game, shewag,sachin,twice rohit all hits big one in india

Harmer

Banned

He not get enough opportunity to play test matches coz selection policy in india, you may not belived but he played 108 ODI and after that he make his tes Debut with brilliant 177, @ record, some player not even consider for test matches or vise versa, I bet if india try pujara or Vijay they both can bat better than Dhawan .in ODI,

Rahul Dravid was sit during ODI til he hammer 92 not out in 63 balls in England and after that he always selected in ODI,may be some day AB. VILLERS or Ronchi or Mac score dbl. In 50 overs game

Last edited: