• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Transfer Game

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
After Hurricane’s successful trading game over the christmas period I thought we could do a similar thing with the World Cup teams, only there’s a slight twist to it. Rather than just trading players, each team will have a transfer budget and be able to buy players off other countries for an agreed price (like a football transfer window if you will). Other than that it remains the same. You assign yourself to a team, first come first serve, and start with their 15 man world cup squad and try to improve it as much as you can.

Rules

1. All 14 World Cup teams are available. Picking teams is on a first come first serve basis, but if interest greatly exceeds 14 I’m happy for people to pair up as long as it won’t slow the game down too much.
2. You start with a team’s 15 man World Cup squad but can bring in and sell any player available for selection in a country’s roster. In cases such as Kevin Pietersen, who is unavailable for selection for England but potentially available for other nations in hypothetical scenarios like this, I think the player should be treated as retired/unavailable, but I could be convinced to change my mind.
3. Each side has a transfer fund of $10 million.
4. You can still trade players directly like the old fashioned way, or even use a player with cash for a deal.
5. No limit on number of transfers/trades. Similarly, players can move multiple times from team to team.
6. Equity rules - to stop collusion all trades must be confirmed as being equitable by at least one other person in the game (not involved in the trade) or the moderator. Just reply to the trade with "trade confirmed”.
7. We’re treating this as for the World Cup, so when trading players bare in mind form, conditions, etc.
8. The most improved team wins. Upon the conclusion of the game we can have a poll to vote for who we think improved their side the most.
9. I will try to keep tabs on sides squads and transfer budgets but it would be handy if you could try and do the same for your side.

I’m happy to change or adjust any of the rules if there is a consensus to do so, preferably if we could get that part out of the way before we start, to make the game quicker and easier. Similarly if you have any questions don’t be afraid to raise them.

Like I said, looking to fill 14 spaces, but could take more if people are willing to work together.

Participants:

1. Cabinet96
2. Pothas - Sri Lanka
3. WalkingWicket

Last edited:

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I'd like to participate.

If possible, I'd like to take England. Literally impossible to not improve them.

Last edited: