• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Pakistan win their first ever WC match against India?

Will Pakistan finally record their first WC win against India? - 2019 edition

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
The best feeling in the world will be if Pak win the game and as a result of it India get kicked out. I would love to visit Indian Cricket Fans if that happens.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'm willing to put up my avatar for this. Any Indian brave enough for the challenge?

Pak wins, I control your avatar for 6 months. India wins, you control mine for 6 months.

Bouncer

State Regular
This is Paks to lose. Irfan will bounce India out.
They need to be really manage Irfan's workload. He definitely doesn't need to play all games leading up to WC. Should only be played in one ODI in NZ and one of the warm up games.

I am looking forward to Ehsan Adil. I love the kid since first time I saw him U19 WC about 3 years ago.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The best feeling in the world will be if Pak win the game and as a result of it India get kicked out. I would love to visit Indian Cricket Fans if that happens.
It's the opening game for both sides. It won't be the game that knocks out either side any more than any other subsequent loss in the group stage.

This is probably the Ind-Pak game with the least riding on it in WC history.

Last edited:

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Never felt more confident of facing Pakistan in a World Cup, the golf between our ODI sides in terms of ability that I do not see how we can lose to them, upsets can happen, Pakistan lost to Ireland in 2007 and we lost to Bangladesh on the same day but it's the first game so I think we willow ready.

Both teams will make the quarter finals anyway the question for Pakistan is will they finish 3rd or 4th in their group, their match against the West Indies will go a long way towards determining this.

Bouncer

State Regular
Never felt more confident of facing Pakistan in a World Cup, the golf between our ODI sides in terms of ability that I do not see how we can lose to them, upsets can happen, Pakistan lost to Ireland in 2007 and we lost to Bangladesh on the same day but it's the first game so I think we willow ready.

Both teams will make the quarter finals anyway the question for Pakistan is will they finish 3rd or 4th in their group, their match against the West Indies will go a long way towards determining this.

In your opinion...no way Pak has any shot at #2 spot in the group? 8-)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I the only one who genuinely thinks that they rig some of these games/matchups? Like honestly, an India-Pak game in a world tournament gets more eyeballs and fans in the stadium than most, ICC would always do anything to insure that these teams play at least one game with each other.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In 96, 99 and 2011, India and Pakistan were in different groups so it wasn't a given that there would be a game between the two. Also in first 4 world cups, the two teams didn't meet at all which is surprising. So I don't think there's much evidence of rigging there.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm talking about recent times, 2013 CT, 2012 and 2014 T20 WC's and now this one. My comment was more in jest but if I were the ICC I would do everything I could try increase the chances of an Ind-Pak game.

msaaim89

Cricket Spectator
They need to be really manage Irfan's workload. He definitely doesn't need to play all games leading up to WC. Should only be played in one ODI in NZ and one of the warm up games.
He should play both games. If he can't maintain top fitness levels, then he shouldn't be in the squad.

Bouncer

State Regular
He should play both games. If he can't maintain top fitness levels, then he shouldn't be in the squad.
I agree he needs to maintain top fitness level but you have to understand that he is NOT 24. His body is a lot different than many others who played competitive cricket since they were 17-18 and are in their 20's. So in order to get the best out of him, one must manage his workload.

I have also noticed that in his 2nd and 3rd bowling spells he seems somewhat stiff, his pace is reduced and his short pitched balls are not as venomous as in his first spell.

That might be due to the fact that he is working with 33 year old body (That too his official age, I would not be surprised if he is 35) and it can not just switch back to ON after his initial spell ends. It might not be a bad idea to get the most out of him by having him bowl all of his overs in his first spell WHILE his body is warm, lose and he has settled into some rhythm. Because once his muscles get into somewhat resting mode (in between his spells) they get stiffer than an average cricketer and he doesn't have same venom in his bowling as he does in first spell.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I the only one who genuinely thinks that they rig some of these games/matchups? Like honestly, an India-Pak game in a world tournament gets more eyeballs and fans in the stadium than most, ICC would always do anything to insure that these teams play at least one game with each other.
There are three people and two stray dogs in australia who care about an india-pakistan match up

Heena16

Banned

I think both team has their own problem but whenever pakistan playing vs.india they play with all their energy and try to win to restore pride
All india/pak game known as worldcup FINAL .media somehow create so much publicity of events, but I think **** will bounce back and beat feeble india

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
There are three people and two stray dogs in australia who care about an india-pakistan match up
What does Australia have anything to do with it? The match being played in Australia doesn't change the fact that

A) The game will be a full house
B) It will probably get the most eyeballs watching when the match occurs

Purely from a revenue point of view India-Pak matches are a must. I was being tongue in cheek when I said the match ups were rigged, but that doesn't change the fact that India-Pak games = money.