Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Pakistan Thread

International Vice-Captain Niall's Avatar

Pakistan Thread

Nobody else has so may as well start this thread.

Squad Misbah-ul-Haq(captain), Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfraz Ahmed, Younis Khan, Haris Sohail, Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood, Shahid Afridi, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Irfan, Junaid Khan, Ehsan Adil, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz
    The Alam exclusion is a shame, but expected.

Younis Khan proved he was no better than the likes of Malik and the rest by crying and got his place back. Ideally he should have been binned by the selectors or retired after the last world cup, his 13 of 32 in the semi final against India never got the criticism it deserved.

Pleased with the batting options bar that though, no Kamran or Jamshed is a good thing. Bowling choices are a little more debatable, but to be fair Gul is not fit, Ali is toilet and Tanvir isn't that good at all.

Only concern is if Hafeez does not fix his action, it means that the likes of Haris may have to bowl quite a bit or Afridi will need to bat in the top seven, neither are reassuring options.

I think they will start off with something like..

Shezhad
    Hafeez
    Worst ODI batsmen to have played 200 games ever.
    Misbah
    Haris
    Umar
    Safaraz
    Afridi
    Riaz
    Khan
    Irfan
    Last edited by Niall; 07-01-2015 at 09:12 AM.

International Vice-Captain SeamUp's Avatar
    Was Sohail Khan even in the prelim 30 ? After Umar Gul not being fit, they probably went for him due to his form.

Muhammed Talha not considered for limited overs cricket.

Ali & Bhatti found out.

Ehsan Adil preferred to the other youngsters Zia Ul-Haq & Mir Hamza.

In the batting no real shocks. Asad Shafiq moved on. Could have gone back to Shoaib Malik. Fawad Alam and Mohammed Rizwan the form men in domestic cricket. Sami Aslam and Babar Azam not ready.

Think Pakistan missed a trick by not blooding Hamad Azam as an all-rounder.

Gone with the wrist spinners over Raza Hasan , Zulfiqar Babar & Zafar Gohar.

International Vice-Captain SeamUp's Avatar
    Saj Sadiq
    ‏@Saj_PakPassion Aamir Sohail "Technically Fawad Alam is not great and I think he would have struggled in Australia and New Zealand" #Cricket #cwc15

Amir sohail is a complete **** head.

But coming to our WC squad. The batting is pretty ****e. Younis and Misbah are very good test batsmen but they suck at ODIs.

The bowling has lots of pace options but the spin department has been considerably weakened. Afridi and the untested Yasir Shah the only spin options. No off spinner in that squad. I can see this going down as only marginally better than the 2003 and 2007 world cups for Pakistan.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    Was Sohail Khan even in the prelim 30 ? After Umar Gul not being fit, they probably went for him due to his form.

Muhammed Talha not considered for limited overs cricket.

Ali & Bhatti found out.

Ehsan Adil preferred to the other youngsters Zia Ul-Haq & Mir Hamza.

In the batting no real shocks. Asad Shafiq moved on. Could have gone back to Shoaib Malik. Fawad Alam and Mohammed Rizwan the form men in domestic cricket. Sami Aslam and Babar Azam not ready.

Think Pakistan missed a trick by not blooding Hamad Azam as an all-rounder.

Gone with the wrist spinners over Raza Hasan , Zulfiqar Babar & Zafar Gohar.
    Hammad Azam has stress fracture otherwise he could have been in contention. Personally with Hafeez not able to bowl I would have taken the punt with Babar Azam could have been the wild card pick. Yasir Shah selection makes sense as they play quite a few games in Aus where good leggies generally go well and Shah I believe is one of the good un's

Haven't heard anything about 1/3rd of those players before.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

yep, it is a pretty ordinary squad

Pakistan cricket team unveil official kit for World Cup 2015 - Sport - DAWN.COM

The Pakistan kit doesn't look that great. 1992 and 1999 much better than this. But yeah I guess this is better than 2003, 2009, 1996 and 2011

Cricket Spectator
    Why the need for a kit launch event?

And yes, terrible kit, especially the stripes. New Zealand's always have the best kits.
    Last edited by msaaim89; 14-01-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    zorax likes this.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    They look like referees with that kit.

Looking forward to Ehsan Adil. It would be mistake to go with 3 LAF bowlers, would be too one dimensional.

I am praying for an injury to Prof or YK in warm up games. That would really help.
    Twitter @3Bouncers

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Amir sohail is a complete **** head.

But coming to our WC squad. The batting is pretty ****e. Younis and Misbah are very good test batsmen but they suck at ODIs.

The bowling has lots of pace options but the spin department has been considerably weakened. Afridi and the untested Yasir Shah the only spin options. No off spinner in that squad. I can see this going down as only marginally better than the 2003 and 2007 world cups for Pakistan.

Dont think amir is that bad. Other than hyping Prof as the 'next best thing since don' right from 2003...I do find most of stuff he says makes sense.

my hate for amir sohail went up a notch after he formally joined PML-N. He is another sarfaraz nawaz

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    my hate for amir sohail went up a notch after he formally joined PML-N. He is another sarfaraz nawaz
    So he should have joined a political party considering how Pak cricket followers will react to it? Then the be in good books of Pak cricket followers - He should join some extremist religious jihadi organization because that will please more pak cricket followers than any other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    So he should have joined a political party considering how Pak cricket followers will react to it? Then the be in good books of Pak cricket followers - He should join some extremist religious jihadi organization because that will please more pak cricket followers than any other choice.
    No. He is a stupid dumb ass that's why i don't like him. Wasn't a great cricketer either. Terrible captain. I don't know why you love him so much but here is something more for you to love him for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwvi8cKljI

He probably wouldn't have gotten too many gigs if it weren't for his political connections too.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information