• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Thread

Niall

International Coach
Nobody else has so may as well start this thread. :D

Squad Misbah-ul-Haq(captain), Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfraz Ahmed, Younis Khan, Haris Sohail, Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood, Shahid Afridi, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Irfan, Junaid Khan, Ehsan Adil, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz
The Alam exclusion is a shame, but expected.

Younis Khan proved he was no better than the likes of Malik and the rest by crying and got his place back. Ideally he should have been binned by the selectors or retired after the last world cup, his 13 of 32 in the semi final against India never got the criticism it deserved. :@

Pleased with the batting options bar that though, no Kamran or Jamshed is a good thing. Bowling choices are a little more debatable, but to be fair Gul is not fit, Ali is toilet and Tanvir isn't that good at all.

Only concern is if Hafeez does not fix his action, it means that the likes of Haris may have to bowl quite a bit or Afridi will need to bat in the top seven, neither are reassuring options.

I think they will start off with something like..

Shezhad
Hafeez
Worst ODI batsmen to have played 200 games ever.
Misbah
Haris
Umar
Safaraz
Afridi
Riaz
Khan
Irfan

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Was Sohail Khan even in the prelim 30 ? After Umar Gul not being fit, they probably went for him due to his form.

Muhammed Talha not considered for limited overs cricket.

Ali & Bhatti found out.

Ehsan Adil preferred to the other youngsters Zia Ul-Haq & Mir Hamza.

In the batting no real shocks. Asad Shafiq moved on. Could have gone back to Shoaib Malik. Fawad Alam and Mohammed Rizwan the form men in domestic cricket. Sami Aslam and Babar Azam not ready.

Think Pakistan missed a trick by not blooding Hamad Azam as an all-rounder.

Gone with the wrist spinners over Raza Hasan , Zulfiqar Babar & Zafar Gohar.

SeamUp

International Coach
Saj Sadiq
‏@Saj_PakPassion Aamir Sohail "Technically Fawad Alam is not great and I think he would have struggled in Australia and New Zealand" #Cricket #cwc15

smash84

The Tiger King
Amir sohail is a complete **** head.

But coming to our WC squad. The batting is pretty ****e. Younis and Misbah are very good test batsmen but they suck at ODIs.

The bowling has lots of pace options but the spin department has been considerably weakened. Afridi and the untested Yasir Shah the only spin options. No off spinner in that squad. I can see this going down as only marginally better than the 2003 and 2007 world cups for Pakistan.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Was Sohail Khan even in the prelim 30 ? After Umar Gul not being fit, they probably went for him due to his form.

Muhammed Talha not considered for limited overs cricket.

Ali & Bhatti found out.

Ehsan Adil preferred to the other youngsters Zia Ul-Haq & Mir Hamza.

In the batting no real shocks. Asad Shafiq moved on. Could have gone back to Shoaib Malik. Fawad Alam and Mohammed Rizwan the form men in domestic cricket. Sami Aslam and Babar Azam not ready.

Think Pakistan missed a trick by not blooding Hamad Azam as an all-rounder.

Gone with the wrist spinners over Raza Hasan , Zulfiqar Babar & Zafar Gohar.
Hammad Azam has stress fracture otherwise he could have been in contention. Personally with Hafeez not able to bowl I would have taken the punt with Babar Azam could have been the wild card pick. Yasir Shah selection makes sense as they play quite a few games in Aus where good leggies generally go well and Shah I believe is one of the good un's

msaaim89

Cricket Spectator
Why the need for a kit launch event? :laugh:

And yes, terrible kit, especially the stripes. New Zealand's always have the best kits.

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
Looking forward to Ehsan Adil. It would be mistake to go with 3 LAF bowlers, would be too one dimensional.

I am praying for an injury to Prof or YK in warm up games. That would really help.

Bouncer

State Regular
Amir sohail is a complete **** head.

But coming to our WC squad. The batting is pretty ****e. Younis and Misbah are very good test batsmen but they suck at ODIs.

The bowling has lots of pace options but the spin department has been considerably weakened. Afridi and the untested Yasir Shah the only spin options. No off spinner in that squad. I can see this going down as only marginally better than the 2003 and 2007 world cups for Pakistan.

Dont think amir is that bad. Other than hyping Prof as the 'next best thing since don' right from 2003...I do find most of stuff he says makes sense.

smash84

The Tiger King
my hate for amir sohail went up a notch after he formally joined PML-N. He is another sarfaraz nawaz

Bouncer

State Regular
my hate for amir sohail went up a notch after he formally joined PML-N. He is another sarfaraz nawaz
So he should have joined a political party considering how Pak cricket followers will react to it? Then the be in good books of Pak cricket followers - He should join some extremist religious jihadi organization because that will please more pak cricket followers than any other choice.

smash84

The Tiger King
So he should have joined a political party considering how Pak cricket followers will react to it? Then the be in good books of Pak cricket followers - He should join some extremist religious jihadi organization because that will please more pak cricket followers than any other choice.
No. He is a stupid dumb ass that's why i don't like him. Wasn't a great cricketer either. Terrible captain. I don't know why you love him so much but here is something more for you to love him for :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwvi8cKljI

He probably wouldn't have gotten too many gigs if it weren't for his political connections too.

cnerd123

likes this
Junaid Khan
Umar Gul
Wahab Riaz
Sohail Tanvir

Saeed Ajmal
Abdur Rehman
Hafeez

Bowlers who are missing this WC due to injury/illegal actions/dropped

lol

smash84

The Tiger King
Junaid Khan
Umar Gul
Wahab Riaz
Sohail Tanvir

Saeed Ajmal
Abdur Rehman
Hafeez

Bowlers who are missing this WC due to injury/illegal actions/dropped

lol
haha, yeah. This list is ridiculous. Why has Gul been dropped though? He can be decent in ODIs sometimes.