• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Please stop with the constant updates. This is a forum for discussion and debate rather than a live updates site. We're all capable of going to cricinfo.

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Warm Up games do not count. Pakistan still have a big problem. 5 batsmen 5 bowlers and Haris Sohail or 5 batsmen 4 bowlers and Haris Sohail.
To me they should take a Risk play 5 batsmen 5 bowlers & Haris Sohail and an all rounder. Use Umer Akmal as Wicket Keeper.

smash84

The Tiger King
Honestly, this batting order is so ****e. This world cup seems to me to be like a repeat of 2003 for us. The only thing is that Pak team back then did surprisingly bad. The team on paper was quite good. Waqar was a ****e captain. I hope he does better as coach.

cnerd123

likes this
Hairs Sohail tho, WAG. Goes from pretty much never bowling at FC/List A level to now being Pakistan's best 6th bowling option, and almost good enough to be considered a proper 5th bowler too. Great stuff.

cnerd123

likes this
It's not like he's batting terribly. Avg 34 @ SR of 79, two fifties in his short career so far. And I'd argue his bowling is of more value to the side atm - is there any other player in the Nat setup who can bowl 5-10 overs of similar quality who can also score more runs?

smash84

The Tiger King
It's not like he's batting terribly. Avg 34 @ SR of 79, two fifties in his short career so far. And I'd argue his bowling is of more value to the side atm - is there any other player in the Nat setup who can bowl 5-10 overs of similar quality who can also score more runs?
Fawad Alam, significantly better batsman and can turn his arm over for 2 or 3 overs

Niall

International Coach
Fawad Alam, significantly better batsman and can turn his arm over for 2 or 3 overs
Selfish player who plays for himself is supposedly his biggest flaw according to Osman Samiuddin of cricinfo.

Not Osman's opinion btw, he is a fan, but that is what the powers in charge think. Its just absurd they have binned someone who has done really well just because he bombed against Australia the best side in the world at the moment.

https://twitter.com/pavilionopinion/status/561118042940522497

He went into detail about it in that link, decent listen as you would expect with Osman.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I specified 'Nat Setup' because Alam has no hope of breaking through atm.

Hafeez was Pak's MVP because he could get 10 overs in and was also a serviceable batsman. Pak are missing that sort of player so much and Haris Sohail has stepped up and developed his bowling to the point were he can fulfil this role for the side. WAG.

smash84

The Tiger King
Selfish player who plays for himself is supposedly his biggest flaw according to Osman Samiuddin of cricinfo.

Not Osman's opinion btw, he is a fan, but that is what the powers in charge think. Its just absurd they have binned someone who has done really well just because he bombed against Australia the best side in the world at the moment.

https://twitter.com/pavilionopinion/status/561118042940522497

He went into detail about it in that link, decent listen as you would expect with Osman.
Thanks for the link man. I didn't know you followed Pakistan cricket so avidly :)

Xuhaib

International Coach
I will surely play 5 bowlers if Juanid was there I would lean towards 4 but when from 4 one is "Leaky tap" Riaz and the other would be one of Rahat/Sohail/Adil then I will surely go for yasir as the fifth bowler not forgetting the fact that he along with Irfan are the two best bowlers in the squad.

So Pakistanis, let's discuss our bowlers. Also what XI would you play on Sunday?

I'm a little optimistic after this match. Our bowling attack isn't bad at all. Let's hope they peak on Sunday.
Mohammad Irfan is of course a definite pick. Good they rested him too so he can be all fresh and angry smashy against India.
Wahab Riaz and Yasir Shah I thought were excellent today. Specially Shah, he's bowling well and he's so much into the game. Like Junaid Khan used to be.
Sohail Khan was sometimes good, sometimes average. I don't think he can play against a strong batting like India. But he can be a good replacement for our main bowlers.
Ehsan Adil was below par and disappointing.
I can't understand why Rahat Ali was not played today. It's a practice match! By not playing him today all we've done is limited our option. I still think he can be a wonderful bowler in this world cup though and would still pick him over Sohail Khan even without match practice.
My XI for Sunday would be:
Nasir Jamshed
Ahmed Shehzad
Sohaib Maqsood
Umar Akmal
Misbah
Sarfraz Ahmed
Afridi
Wahab Riaz
Yasir Shah
Rahat Ali
Mohd Irfan