• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Saj Sadiq
‏@Saj_PakPassion Aamir Sohail "Technically Fawad Alam is not great and I think he would have struggled in Australia and New Zealand" #Cricket #cwc15
Honestly I feel this is true. But it's also true for about half the other batsmen picked. He definitely should've been in the squad.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really really hope Misbah gets his maiden ODI hundred in the cup because it wouldn't be surprising if he retired from them when it's over.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really really hope Misbah gets his maiden ODI hundred in the cup because it wouldn't be surprising if he retired from them when it's over.
Apparently he told the team he was going to retire after the WC and it's been leaked. He's pissed.

smash84

The Tiger King
i thought he had announced (although in somewhat vague terms) that he will quit odis after the WC

Niall

International Coach
Looking forward to seeing who replaces him. It won't be Afridi as he is chasing the t20 moolah so ODI series ruin that.

Wouldn't mind Fawad getting a go as he is young and has loads of captaincy experience, makes to much sense for the PCB though.

Smart money is on "all rounder" Indian bashing Malik.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hafeez would be the obvious one but you do have to question his usefulness to the side as a pure batsman.

smash84

The Tiger King
should have opted for imran khan or sadaf hussain rather than sadaf hussain. Moin Khan is a complete **** head of a selector

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
They picked up a terrible side but whatever they have now, I think This is how the team should look like.
1. Hafeez
2. Ahmed Shahzad
3. Haris Sohail
4. Misbah ul Haq
5. Umer Akmal
6. Sarfraz Ahmed
7. Afridi
8. Wahab Riaz
9. Muhammed Irfan
10. Rahat Ali
11. Ehsan Adil / Yasir Shah / Sohail Khan (Depending On Conditions).
This side so limited with no All Rounders. If Hazfeez could have bowled an extra batsman could have been adjusted. They should have picked up Malik.

Bouncer

State Regular
Last time we had this bad bowling line up....the year was 1946 & my country was called India.

smash84

The Tiger King
wouldn't there be amar singh and m nissar at that time? It couldn't be this bad a bowling attack?

faheemaltaf

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan's future cricket star, Sohaib Maqsood starts his journey by scoring 93 not out in today's world cup warm-up match.

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
They did not telecast Pak vs Ban. But I think Sohaib Maqsood's 90+ should have him selected above Younis Khan. We need 5 bowlers for sure otherwise One extra batsman isn't doing anything anyway.

Niall

International Coach
They won't drop Younis Khan so pointless to even speculate about it sadly.

Safaraz is in danger I think, Umar took the gloves today.

Julian87

State Captain
They picked up a terrible side but whatever they have now, I think This is how the team should look like.
1. Hafeez
2. Ahmed Shahzad
3. Haris Sohail
4. Misbah ul Haq
5. Umer Akmal
6. Sarfraz Ahmed
7. Afridi
8. Wahab Riaz
9. Muhammed Irfan
10. Rahat Ali
11. Ehsan Adil / Yasir Shah / Sohail Khan (Depending On Conditions).
This side so limited with no All Rounders. If Hazfeez could have bowled an extra batsman could have been adjusted. They should have picked up Malik.
7 is too high for Afridi, especially with those 2 blokes ahead of him. As much as everyone hates Younis as an ODI player he is a must pick in this side.