• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think your 2015 team is better than your 2011 team?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Swann probably swings it for that one but really we had many of the same issues

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not really. At the moment we don't have any proven top order players. Back then we had Strauss, KP and Trott. Morgan was better, Broad and Jimmy probably the same, Swann shades it over Tredders. Buttler for Prior the only huge improvement.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not really. At the moment we don't have any proven top order players. Back then we had Strauss, KP and Trott. Morgan was better, Broad and Jimmy probably the same, Swann shades it over Tredders. Buttler for Prior the only huge improvement.
Yeah but we still didn't score quickly enough and KP was pretty average. Nobody would have named Strauss as a top ODI player before the cup and Trott was still relatively unproven in ODIs.

Our best win of the tournament came on the back of some top bowling from Broad V Saffa, covering up how bad the bats had been.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbf, there were a lot of injuries. The full strength XI at the time was probably better. Not sure about the last game when we had the likes of Wright and Tremlett in the team. Morgan only came in when KP left didn't he?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf, there were a lot of injuries. The full strength XI at the time was probably better. Not sure about the last game when we had the likes of Wright and Tremlett in the team. Morgan only came in when KP left didn't he?
Morgan joined the ODI team around 09 I think

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah not quite, although if Malinga and Kula return to form you could make a case for the team being better as the batting is probably slightly stronger this time round

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hard to say for certain as I don't know the composition of our final XI. Australia's 2011 squad had Tait and Krejza in it so I'm pretty sure our bowling attack will be better in 2015. But the batting wont be as proven, so therefore this batting unit is probably slightly below 2011's. I'm going to be optimistic and say 2015 > 2011.