• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India WC Thread

Teja.

Global Moderator
Looking forward to bet all of the real estate in Mumbai on any game we win the toss and choose to bat second and people misguidedly think an Indian win isn't an inevitability.

Now we need some people to come over and tell us how **** our bowling attack is and how there will be seamy roads to expose our batsmen and calm us down.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only threats to us are batsmen who are capable of 120 (70) type of innings and bowlers who can **** us up with the new ball. If you can't do that we're chasing whatever the **** you manage to put up. I'll be very disappointed if we don't make the finals at least.

cnerd123

likes this
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kohli smashing all of Sachin's WC records in the process of winning us the cup tbh.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see India not make it to the final 8 because we lost all the tosses and had to bat first in all games.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
ODIs depend lesser on the bowlers than tests, moreso the fast bowlers. One reason why India do better in ODIs than tests.

Flem274*

123/5
India aren't invincible chasing (they had a few problems down here) but yeah while they're not faves they've still got more than enough to eat the mid table sides alive with the bat and once you get to the knock outs it's all on.

That said, neither a win nor a first round knock out troll from a minnow would surprise me. If the batting fails, it's all on for almost anyone. Who is in their pool again?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
How many games will Ishant Sharma cost us? Any bets?
How many matches will he play?

I think our first XI in most matches might be this:
Dhawan, Rohit, Rahane, Kohli, Raina, Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Umesh

A lot will depend on performances in the tri-series though.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
How many matches will he play?

I think our first XI in most matches might be this:
Dhawan, Rohit, Rahane, Kohli, Raina, Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Umesh

A lot will depend on performances in the tri-series though.
Yeah that will be fine. I have an irrational fear when it comes to Ishant in a big match.

anil1405

International Captain
Yuvraj had a chance i suppose if Jadeja was injured.... Tiwary was never in the reckoning.

anil1405

International Captain
India have picked 4 seamers.... Bhuvi, Ishant, Shami and Yadav.

There is a very good chance that one or more would be injured or fatigued come march.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that will be fine. I have an irrational fear when it comes to Ishant in a big match.
Same with me. I don`t think my dislike for Ishant will ever go. But if he is in the squad, he invariably plays unless he is injured. I just hope that he doesnt get selected in any match.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I have this scary premonition that Binny's going to feature in at least half our games.