Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: India WC Thread

International Debutant anil1405's Avatar
    Yuvraj had a chance i suppose if Jadeja was injured.... Tiwary was never in the reckoning.

India have picked 4 seamers.... Bhuvi, Ishant, Shami and Yadav.

There is a very good chance that one or more would be injured or fatigued come march.

Quote Originally Posted by anil1405 View Post
    Yuvraj had a chance i suppose if Jadeja was injured.... Tiwary was never in the reckoning.
    Yuvraj still has a chance if Jadeja doesn't recover, I reckon.

I'd take an extra batsman in Tiwary dropping Binny.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    Yeah that will be fine. I have an irrational fear when it comes to Ishant in a big match.
    Same with me. I don`t think my dislike for Ishant will ever go. But if he is in the squad, he invariably plays unless he is injured. I just hope that he doesnt get selected in any match.

I have this scary premonition that Binny's going to feature in at least half our games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I have this scary premonition that Binny's going to feature in at least half our games.
    Dhoni likes his spinners. He is comfortable picking two spinners in an ODI no matter what the conditions. If Binny has to play I guess it will most likely be when MSD decides to go with 2 seamers + Binny instead of three seamers.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Delighted to see Ambati Rayudu in the world cup squad. Dreams do come true in Indian cricket, after all.

Was hoping to see Mohit Sharma actually. I rate him higher than Ishant for ODIs anyways.

And Binny! w00t w00t.

I don't know what Ashwin, Ishant and Dhawan done to get a spot in the WC squad. None of the three performs well but yet getting selected.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    I think Ishant is must. He is amongst our three best seamers even in ODIs. Not too happy with Rayudu and Binny being there. Would have preferred Uthappa to Rayudu. Still expect to see Yuvraj sneaking in to the squad.
    Arjun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    I think Ishant is must. He is amongst our three best seamers even in ODIs. Not too happy with Rayudu and Binny being there. Would have preferred Uthappa to Rayudu. Still expect to see Yuvraj sneaking in to the squad.
    Ishant is worse in ODIs than tests due to the amount of runs he leaks. I too would have liked Uthappa in the squad instead of Rayudu. He is in great form since last year. Fine with Binny playing as long as he is the fifth bowler and not the 4th bowler. Our ODI batting is strong and he will come at No 7 where he can hit one or two lusty blows at death.

A decent squad, on the whole, but a few questionable selections do pop up. The Save Jadeja plan is kicking into overdrive, when this unfit bloke gets a game, while Yuvraj, raking in the runs in Ranji, doesn't. No place for Pankaj, again questionable, especially when they're still persisting with Ishant, who's got neither the wickets nor the economy. Rayudu seems to have very recent form on his side, but Kedar Jadhav is a much better batsman, again unlucky to miss out. Equally surprising is the exclusion of Uthappa, who's had just four poor games last season.

While some folks say four seamers are simply not enough for the World Cup, I'd say the team needs to get the most out of their top four seamers, than pack the side with an extra who never gets a game. Always, the fifth seamer in the squad is a mere passenger, who contributes nothing. On the other hand, when you have Ashwin, Axar, Jadders (or Yuvi) in the squad, you have three batting options, plus Bucky, so four, so you can play five bowlers on pitches where batting will thrive and India's bits-and-pieces fifth bowler options will always get found out and weaken the team. The death bowling concerns are linked to their dying fortunes in the middle-overs when spinners operate. While India's part-time spinners operate well on Indian turning pitches, they're completely useless on flat decks. The best combo they have is Bucky-Mesh-Shami-Ashwin-Axar, on form and fitness.

Only one proper opener is in the side. The onus is on the other bloke, be it Rohit or Rahane, to score at a high strike rate, otherwise, he's not doing his job out there. The batting is strong, from one to six, although Rayudu's poor strike rate may be exploited by bowling sides.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Yuvraj is done as an international cricketer... shouldn't be brought back no matter how many Ranji runs he scores.

Yeah, Ishant is basically like Siddle in short forms.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Yuvraj is done as an international cricketer... shouldn't be brought back no matter how many Ranji runs he scores.
    That's a bad attitude to have as a selector. They should be open-minded, especially when the player in question is below 35.
    Arjun likes this.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information