• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India WC Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not with this new strategy of batting they won't. They've realised you don't need to be 80 off the first 10 overs every game in Australia.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've realised you don't need to be 80 off the first 10 overs every game in Australia.
Yeah this is true. But the mentality is only part of the reason why we don't do well against good bowling.

Nothing's convinced me that Rohit Sharma is following this new strategy btw, the shot he played to get out against Pakistan was pretty typical of him. Just hope he has one of his days at the right time.

cnerd123

likes this
I think Rohit has been given freedom to whatever the **** he likes. He's a slow starter by nature so it works out. Dhawan, Kohli and Rahane are responsible for platform building, allowing Raina, MSD and Jadeja to launch.

Ashwin's batting is such a waste tho. He's probably just the emergency batsman to be called on upon if we are 50/4 or smth like that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nothing's convinced me that Rohit Sharma is following this new strategy btw, the shot he played to get out against Pakistan was pretty typical of him. Just hope he has one of his days at the right time.
In the whole Indian team Rohit is the least guy you can accuse of wanting to get India off to flyers every game. Baffling from you Daemon.

Daemon

In the whole Indian team Rohit is the least guy you can accuse of wanting to get India off to flyers every game. Baffling from you Daemon.
I didn't say he's trying to get India off to crazy starts every game. Being patient for 10 minutes then getting bogged down and wafting at a few or playing premeditated shots isn't exactly following the gameplan is it? Some days it just seems to work for him and he goes crazy but I swear about 75% of his innings when opening are just that.

Teja.

Global Moderator
sscomp clearly glory hunting joining in the middle of a WC we're about to win. :ph34r:

Nah, welcome to CW. Hope to see you in the tour threads. :)

OverratedSanity

Dhawan's issues are more mental than technical I reckon. He's a fidgety player He can't stop himself from playing at balls he shouldn't be playing at. He can definitely score in these conditions, just needs to get his head
Interesting