• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Squad

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FULL 30 MAN PRELIMINARY SQUAD :

1. Sulieman Benn
2. Carlos Brathwaite
3. Darren Bravo
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Jonathan Carter
6. Sheldon Cottrell
7. Miguel Cummins
8. Narsingh Deonarine
9. Andre Fletcher
10. Chris Gayle
11. Jason Holder
12. Imran Khan
13. Leon Johnson
14. Evin Lewis
15. Nikita Miller
16. Marquino Mindley
17. Sunil Narine
18. Ashley Nurse
19. Kenroy Peters
20. Versammy Permaul
21. Kieron Pollard
22. Denesh Ramdin
23. Kemar Roach
24. Andre Russell
25. Darren Sammy
26. Marlon Samuels
27. Lendl Simmons
28. Dwayne Smith
29. Devon Smith
30. Jerome Taylor

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Are they actually going to come to world cup without Bravo, Pollard and Sammy? Or they are just resting?

Athlai

Not Terrible
After giving this some serious though in the ODI trading game I'm secretly hosting. I'd go with a squad of for the tour to NZ

1. Dwayne Smith
2. Chris Gayle
3. Darren Bravo
4. Marlon Samuels
5. Kieron Pollard
6. Dwayne Bravo
7. Denesh Ramdin (+)
8. Jason Holder (c) Apparently
9. Kemar Roach
10. Jerome Taylor
11. Sunil Narine

12. Lendl Simmons
13. Narsingh Deonarine
14. Darren Sammy
15. Sulieman Benn

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
IMO if politics gets in the way of them picking their best players I honestly hope they lose to a minnow. It's clear the WICB haven't learnt any lessons if those two are really not in the side. Windies need to put the India debacle, to whom all parties are somewhat responsible, behind them, risk the continued decline of cricket in the Carribean.

brockley

International Captain
Whens the side announced?No Sammy? Pollard and Bravo,i gather Holder will bat 7.They said on saturday it announced and its not yet named,Narine?I've heard his action remodelled.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ravi Rampaul injured?amazed to not see his name near the top of that list..
Really? He had absolutely no chance of being near the top of the above list. No chance even in the top 22..

BTW, Brockley, the WC squad has been announced, Narine is in, here is the squad:

Jason Holder (captain), Marlon Samuels, Sulieman Benn, Darren Bravo, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith, Jerome Taylor

cnerd123

likes this
Wow, no Dwayne Bravo, not so long after they ditched Sammy as captain for him.

And instead of going back to Sammy, they like Holder captain in the WC. Crazy.

brockley

International Captain
I am suprised Sammy got selected with the money furore going on,he must have done a deal.I think the Windies see Holder as a no 7,thus no need for Bravo or Pollard or even Sammy.

Julian87

State Captain
I am suprised Sammy got selected with the money furore going on,he must have done a deal.I think the Windies see Holder as a no 7,thus no need for Bravo or Pollard or even Sammy.
Having only picked about 4 blokes who can bat they won't be playing Holder at 7. Especially when Sammy and Russell are around.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still find it hard to believe that WICB are actually about to pull off the whole Narine stunt. It's blatantly taking advantage of the rules. Pathetic.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Still find it hard to believe that WICB are actually about to pull off the whole Narine stunt. It's blatantly taking advantage of the rules. Pathetic.
Hey, Narine has NOT been called in an INTERNATIONAL MATCH yet, okay?

Besides, I'd watch out for that bowler Ashwin of yours 8-) The BCCI are so scared of Narine yet have their own chucker who isn't even half as good :laugh: smh.

Man I miss WW.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
For those who don't read cricinfo, why are Bravo and Pollard not there? I understand its WICB BS, but specifically? That's an XI that absolutely could've gone the whole way, as they have in CTs in the past.

cnerd123

likes this
For those who don't read cricinfo, why are Bravo and Pollard not there? I understand its WICB BS, but specifically? That's an XI that absolutely could've gone the whole way, as they have in CTs in the past.
No one is actually sure. Some say this might be punishment for the whole contract dispute thing. WICB have said it's to 'build to the future' I think.

Neither explains why Gayle and Sammy get picked tho.