• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Gazi omitted from Bangladesh World Cup probables | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 | ESPN Cricinfo

Bangladesh's 30-member squad

Openers
Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Imrul Kayes, Shamsur Rahman

Middle order
Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah, Marshall Ayub, Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Naeem Islam

Allrounders
Shakib Al Hasan, Shuvagata Hom, Ziaur Rahman, Muktar Ali, Soumya Sarkar

Wicketkeepers
Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Mithun, Litton Das

Fast bowlers
Mashrafe Mortaza, Rubel Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Abul Hasan, Shafiul Islam, Al-Amin Hossain, Mohammad Shahid

Spinners
Elias Sunny, Arafat Sunny, Taijul Islam, Abdur Razzak, Jubair Hossain
Not sure what the final 15 will look like.

The following 9 are probably certainties in the squad:

Rahim (*)(+)
Tamim
Anamul Haque
Mominul
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mortaza
Rubel
Al-Amin

And I expect the remaining 6 to be taken by:

Sabbir Rahman
Nasir Hossain
Ziaur Rahman
Abul Hasan
Taijul Islam
Elias Sunny

Will be interesting to see the final squad.

Hopefully they can pull of a couple of wins this WC.

Niall

International Coach
England
Australia
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
New Zealand
Afghanistan
Scotland

That is the group, they should beat Afghanistan and Scotland reasonably comfortably. I don't think the most optimistic Bangladesh fan inn the world gives them a squeak against Australia, NZ aren't as good but very unlikely to beat them. If they qualify its going to have to be at the expense of England or Lanka. Who would Bangladesh fancy their chances against of those 2?

cnerd123

likes this
Afghanistan, Scotland and England will be the three games they will look to win.

Lanka is a maybe - the bowling wouldn't trouble them a lot, but getting Sanga Dilshan Mahela and Mathews all out reasonably quick will be tricky.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Tamin
Shamsur/Anamul Haque
Mominul
Rahim
Shakib
Mahmadulluh
Nasir Hossian
Mortaza
Taijul/Ararafat Sunny
Rubel
Al Amin

I'm guessing that is pretty close to the strongest line-up they could put up, and it doesn't look half bad, enough bowling options, 2 of their frontline pacers look ok, the batting has some depth, would be pretty amazed if they got through though. England is the team they would have to beat you'd think, Sri Lanka have a pretty strong record against Bangladesh

Julian87

State Captain
Tamin
Shamsur/Anamul Haque
Mominul
Rahim
Shakib
Mahmadulluh
Nasir Hossian
Mortaza
Taijul/Ararafat Sunny
Rubel
Al Amin

I'm guessing that is pretty close to the strongest line-up they could put up, and it doesn't look half bad, enough bowling options, 2 of their frontline pacers look ok, the batting has some depth, would be pretty amazed if they got through though. England is the team they would have to beat you'd think, Sri Lanka have a pretty strong record against Bangladesh
How is Anamul not an absolute lock in the XI? He's the only bloke outside of the main three (Sakib, Rahim and Tamim) that's shown the ability to score big in ODIs.

cnerd123

likes this
Soumya Sarkar in Bangladesh World Cup squad | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 | ESPN Cricinfo

Bangladesh World Cup squad:
Mashrafe Mortaza (capt)
Shakib Al Hasan (vice capt)
Mushfiqur Rahim (+)
Tamim Iqbal
Mominul Haque
Mahmudullah
Nasir Hossain
Rubel Hossain
Anamul Haque (+)
Al-Amin Hossain
Arafat Sunny
Taijul Islam
Sabbir Rahman
Soumya Sarkar
Taskin Ahmed
5 quicks, 3 spinners, and Shakib. One of these quicks is yet to bowl a ball in ODIs. Interesting. Very young looking team too.

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Rahim (+)
Nasir
Sabbir/Arafat
Mortaza
Rubel
Taskin/Al Amin

Would be my XI.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The batting looks decent. Hoping Mortaza to do well with the ball in Australia/NZ.

I'm eager to see the young Taskin Ahmed bowl.

Noah

School Boy/Girl Captain
Seems like a simple solution. Marry her and you get to play in the World Cup.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Poor bloke.

Marry, play World Cup, come back and divorce solution might work if pre-nup was allowed in Bangladesh.

On the bright side, if Rubel is out that means more Taskin Ahmed in the World Cup.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
[SUP][/SUP]
Afghanistan, Scotland and England will be the three games they will look to win.

Lanka is a maybe - the bowling wouldn't trouble them a lot, but getting Sanga Dilshan Mahela and Mathews all out reasonably quick will be tricky.

England at the Adelaide Oval - it won't bounce but could turn - I reckon Bangladesh could win that (although England could then beat one or more of Aus, NZ, SL). Is it NRR or who wins indiv games that decides final placings?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You have to give Taskin a shot in these conditions no matter who is available I'd have thought.
I agree. But there were rumors that Al Amin maybe preferred in some games. Now, both can play together if Rubel is gone.