• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Thread

YorksLanka

International Debutant
just as i state that Dimuth's spot is a wasted one , i see he scores in teh warm up game against the Proteas..Maybe he is the solution for the weak middle order problem we have? Nice to see Angie back into the runs too..Dimuth is definately wasted batting at nine..It will eat at the lads confidence for tests too imo..
btw- anyone heard who Prasad's replacement is going to be?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No word yet on Prasad's replacement, Tharanga continues to find form in domestic cricket aws though.

Dimuth could prove to be more useful than Chandimal down the order

YorksLanka

International Debutant
just read that Dushmantha Chameera has been named as the replacement pending the ICC clearing this..not sure about this one, yes he is quick but has he got the nerve to do it in a WC?Personally, would have liked to have seen Eranga but then again, the young lad gives us some extra pace so who knows!!

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The selection, never been keen on flash in the pan style selections for big tournaments/games, he looked good but really needs more exposure in international cricket before he's ready IMO.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
POSTED BY WEERAMUNI ON | FEBRUARY 10, 2015, 17:31 GMT
Chameera show your talent be like malinga , Bretly, Del stayn , Machgrath

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Well he's only played one ODI, we have no idea how good he really is, but Eranga was a much safer option, hell, even Farveez Maharoof or someone else from domestic cricket would have been a decent bet.

Upul Tharanga, Priyanjan, Vithanage or even Kandamby
Yes agree, UT is the man for me if it is to be a batsman, the only problem is if malinga breaks down and thisara doesn't improve his form we may be glad that another bowler was selected..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Can you?within the tournament?I thought that was why there is a squad of 15 and it was only if the reserves got injured that you could call someone else up?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If someone gets injured you can replace them, at any time.. it's just that the replacement is permanent. So if Malinga gets injured and you replace him with Eranga, Malinga can't come back later; he's replaced.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Oh I see, thanks for the clarification Prince EWS.. Disappointed to see that we lost to Zim in the last warm up and they walked it by the looks of it too...At least Jeevan got some runs in the middle order as did dimuth batting a #4, although there isnt much use getting him to bat there in warm ups and then asking him to bat at 9 in matches and do the same...:blink:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Dimuth ought to bat 5 or 6 on the form he's shown, looks like he could score 30(35) reasonably consistently which would be ok coming in around the 35th over

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Although Chandimal/Dimuth at 4 and MJ at 5 would be ideal if we had tried it properly a while ago IMO, then again Mahela in big games...