• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Thread

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
So after finally striking form Chandiguns is a good chance of leaving the squad, early diagnosis suggests a 3 week recovery, he'll be the fourth player to leave the squad if he does so, maybe it just isn't meant to be boiz :(

YorksLanka

International Debutant
So after finally striking form Chandiguns is a good chance of leaving the squad, early diagnosis suggests a 3 week recovery, he'll be the fourth player to leave the squad if he does so, maybe it just isn't meant to be boiz :(
oh balls...typical that the lad gets a chance to show his talent and this happens..any news on a potential replacement?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I definitely would have picked Kandamby or Priyanjan instead. There are lots of openers in the squad already and I'd definitely back the two I mentioned to do a better job in the middle order.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lankas bowling is probably ranked 10th in the tournament. We knew coming into the World Cup this would prove to be their weak link. They must react by thinking through better and possibly negative bowling plans. Whatever it takes to restrict teams to less than 310-315 runs. Because Sri lanka can chase down anything South of 320 against anybody.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I definitely would have picked Kandamby or Priyanjan instead. There are lots of openers in the squad already and I'd definitely back them to do a better job in the middle order.
Yeah flying Kusal over was yet another brain fart but what can we do, Priyanjan would have been ideal IMO, Kandamby strikes me as more of an upper-middle order player

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yeah confirmed now, Chandiguns to fly home and Kusal is in the squad now
:( what a shame for the lad, he finally gets a chance and this happens...I agree with you that not sure if Kusal is the right replacement and yes Priyanjan would have been a better choice or given that we have a tendancy to do things the wrong way round, bring Eranga to strengthen the bowling considering that we have Tharanga there already- yes i know he had a poor match against the Aussies but we know what he is capable of. As i said in another thread i have joined the camp of three bowlers isnt enough now and agree with Hurricane that we can chase 320 against anyone but more than that is tough..i would like to see malinga, chameera and lakmal picked for the scotland game with one spinner at the expense of thisara to see if that works..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think we need another fast bowler in the squad, if we add one to the team we played on Australia that still leaves two on the sidelines

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it would have to be one of them that goes (which would require an injury of course) for Eranga (who really doesn't have a proven ODI record mind) to come into the squad unless we wanted to cause further imbalance, Eranga is still behind Kula for mine in the ODI fast bowling pecking order

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
On the eve of the Australia game management said he'd need another 3-4 days iirc, so yes I presume he will be fit by then

viriya

International Captain
I think we need to pick Kula over Lakmal. Lakmal might bowl better early but he is completely unreliable at the death. Kula isn't Malinga, but he is more likely to get it right and could be the difference between chasing 350 and 330. This is unlikely to happen though. As likely as Thisara not being trusted with the death overs - which is low.