• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's squad

howardj

International Coach
Warner
Finch
Watson
Clarke
Bailey
Faulkner
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Harris
Hazlewood

Smith
Cummins
Lyon
White

Last edited:

jelley17

Cricket Spectator
I think agar has been talked up as a spinning all rounder due to maxwells poor form.
Might see something like this.
Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith
Bailey/clarke when fit
Haddin
Faulkner
Agar
Johnson
Harris
Hazelwood

Wade
Lyon
White

jelley17

Cricket Spectator
Makes me think grooming a carters/handscomb/dunk type that can bat top 6 would be a good idea.6-9 gets very hazy

jelley17

Cricket Spectator
Makes me think grooming a carters/handscomb/dunk type that can bat top 6 would be a good idea.6-9 gets very hazy

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith surely has to be close to first picked in that batting order now, given the form he's in

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Smith surely has to be close to first picked in that batting order now, given the form he's in
yeah i think right now out of bailey, clarke and smith, he's the most likely to score the most runs given current form of bailey and clarkes injuries

not to mention his fielding and bowling

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner
Finch
Smith
Clarke
Bailey
Watson
Maxwell
M Marsh
Haddin
Faulkner
Lyon
Johnson
Harris
Hazelwood
Starc

---

If Clarke is injured then White comes in. Am I missing someone really obvious?

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
I like White in me s quad

Screams x-factor

Experienced, top slipper, and one of very few guys who can peel 30 off 10...a real clubber of a cricket ball

howardj

International Coach
Amended Squad

Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith
Bailey (c)
Faulkner
Wade
Johnson
Harris
Starc
Hazlewood

White
Doherty
Cummins
MMarsh

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Warner/Finch or Warner/Watson opening pair? The latter allows Smith to play at 3, Bailey at 4 and gives flexibility in the middle order, whereas Watson at 3 forces Smith to 4, Bailey to 5 and gives only one spot in the middle order for Marsh/Maxwell.

Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith
Bailey*
Marsh
Haddin(wk)
Johnson
Starc
Harris
Doherty/Lyon/Agar/Boyce/Zampa

Hazlewood
Forkers/Cummins
Maxwell
White

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I agree that Smith at 3 is tasty especially if Clarke is available. It could be a tough call, but I think I'm dropping all rounder Finch from the XI and opening with Warner and Watson. 3 Smith, 4 Clarke 5 Bailey is excellent and means that we can play Faulkner and Maxwell (with Haddin following) at 6,7,8. The 3 best ODI bowlers in the country are Johnson, Starc and Harris which are quality and also handy bats. Just on Harris, he seems to be getting included in all squads, but he hasn't played an ODI for a long time, so I do hope he'll be fit and has a good World Cup.

For the remainder of the squad Finch deserves a spot, I guess Doherty will get selected, Hazlewood is an excellent bowling option and the last spot is up for grabs and could be either a quick bowler in Cummins, a middle order bat in case Clarke needs rest such as White, an all rounder in Mitch Marsh or I guess a keeper in Ludeman Wade.

David Warner
Shane Watson
Steve Smith
Michael Clarke
George Bailey
James Faulkner
Glenn Maxwell
Brad Haddin
Mitchell Johnson
Mitchell Starc
Ryan Harris

Aaron Finch
Xavier Doherty
Josh Hazlewood
Mitch Marsh

Noah

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is there any particular reason that Nathan Lyon and Cameron White have fallen out of favour. They seem to be getting almost no consideration in the media or from the selectors.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd rather Lyon was left for the one format. He's not that good that he can just flip between formats and get his shape right for each, because there's a different natural pace for him in ODI cricket that hinders his Test pace.

If Clarke can't play, White is probably in, although I wouldn't be that confident with him after watching the past few BBL games.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I have a bad feeling Harris is going to be left out even though I would consider him to be one of our best 4 ODI pace bowlers.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I am also not that keen on Lyon in ODI. I don't know what he offers as a LO bowler with quicker pace and dartier trajectory that Doherty/Maxwell don't. Maybe a bit more wicket taking ability than Doherty and a bit more control over Maxwell but he doesn't particularly stand out over them.