• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

ImpatientLime

International Regular
jordan is bona fide ****e. it's like the dark days of mahmood and plunkett all over again.

picking a fella cause he can bowl in the late 80s and knows which end to hold the bat.

sad reality is that the alternatives are just as terrible.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you could get Jordan to bowl a third of the wides he does then he'd be perfectly fine. Takes poles more regularly than the others and has shown some ability at the death with both bat and ball; which is more than can be said for most others. Also pretty darn good in the field.

Jarquis

Oh, don't get me wrong it's a big if but at least it's something rather than looking at Harry Gurney and thinking 'hmmm, what do we need to improve?..... everything?'

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What fantastic build up again by us, sacking the captain less than 2 months from the tournament. Way to go. Guess Morgan will be relieved, means his place is secure now despite being awful for ages.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hearing Ballance is in the squad. Which is pretty much a joke. You're basically bringing in someone to do the same role who hasn't had a tenth of the success.

grecian

I'm not against Cook being dropped, his form was wretched, but I just don't get JEoin's promotion his form is almost worse.

flibbertyjibber

Hearing Ballance is in the squad. Which is pretty much a joke. You're basically bringing in someone to do the same role who hasn't had a tenth of the success.
Yeah, why drop him and then bring him back?

I think we have messed up totally again. No faith in them at all.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbh, I kind of new Cook couldn't still be in the side but I'm still pissed off. It's harsh he has to miss his first world cup while inferior players like Bell are having their third.

Scaly piscine

With bat or ball or both (Ali)?
Both. I'd like to see him be effective in Australia, but just think it's unlikely. His bowling is quite attacking but there'll be little to work with in Oz. And he doesn't handle short bowling well and there'll be more pace around in Australia you'd think.

Zinzan

Best thing that could have happened to England. With all the talk & expectations on Aus, SA, India & NZ, England could just sneak under the radar on the back of having a new skipper and possibly a new fresh approach. If only they could sneak 'you know who' back in there. :happy:

Last edited: