• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your New Zealand World Cup Squad if selected today...

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Hesson's penchant for variety and balance has accounted for Henry here. I kind of suspected Mills, Southee and Henry was always going to be far too much of a similar thing in one squad for him.

Henry's tried to bowl in a really uncharacteristic way at times since the start of the 2014/15 season. He may've been told that just hitting a boringly excellent length (like he's known for) wasn't going to get it done for him.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah tomorrow I suspect we'l spend the evening whinging about Devcich and Boult sneaking into the team.
You mean Mills. No reason to select him whatsoever, especially if that means dropping Henry. If it's true that he's missed out on selection due to bad domestic form (i mean WTF) he should've pulled a Mills and spent the last four weeks on the couch, hiding away so he can't damage his rep.

Southee, Boult, Henry, Milne, Mitch M. Five bowlers right there who provide more then old man Mills.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You mean Mills. No reason to select him whatsoever, especially if that means dropping Henry. If it's true that he's missed out on selection due to bad domestic form (i mean WTF) he should've pulled a Mills and spent the last four weeks on the couch, hiding away so he can't damage his rep.

Southee, Boult, Henry, Milne, Mitch M. Five bowlers right there who provide more then old man Mills.
Mills is going to make you taste it imo.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah but we have a quota to fill of ND players who don't deserve to be there so Henry gets cut from ours if rumours are true.

It wouldn't be an NZ world cup squad without a wtf selection. Jamie How the reserve keeper batsman was our 2011 surprise iirc.

BeeGee

International Captain
I know it's been mentioned a few times before, but seriously...if they find a place for Boult I will **** myself.

I've been reading all these articles about how at least one of Mitch/Henry/Milne/Mills is going to miss out. Seriously, how could you possibly justify leaving Mills out? Has been our best ODI seamer since forever yet seems to have played his entire career under an "about to be dropped" cloud because of some combination of he goes for runs at the death/he only bowls 130kph/he's getting old.

It would just be a terrible injustice if he missed his swansong World Cup tbh.

As much as Henry and Milne are Johnny-come-latelies, I think they're gonna be picked. Henry is a gun, and Milne is a gun who doesn't have the numbers yet but will be picked anyway because he bowls 150. As much as I don't rate Mitch, he's taken wickets for the last 2 years and has to be picked. Mills has to be picked because he's Mills. No room for Boult. If he's getting an armchair ride into the 15, on the back of no ODI pedigree at all and without having to prove himself, I'll be furious.
Matt Henry likely to miss out on New Zealand World Cup selection | Stuff.co.nz

Ludicrous.

First of all this isn't about Henry vs Mills. Mills should have always been an automatic pick. This is about Henry, Milne and Boult competing for two spots. The correct solution is Henry and Milne in, Boult out. Henry is a better ODI player than Milne and he is a MASSIVELY better ODI player than Boult. Boult has 10 wickets in 10 games @ 39. Henry has 19 wickets in 6 matches @ 15. Jesus.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Id take Southee, Henry, Milne, Mitch and Boult if I could. It would be extremely tough on Mills but that's just my preference. Any of the 6 will be a great attack though.

Blocky

Banned
Boult and Milne haven't done anything in comparison to Henry and there is no sign that they will either. It's more a case of selecting "The guys we like and know" rather than "The guys that perform"

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Boult and Milne haven't done anything in comparison to Henry and there is no sign that they will either. It's more a case of selecting "The guys we like and know" rather than "The guys that perform"
They have a bag load of talent though and the seletors have been making some great calls lately. I think ill be pretty happy no matter who's picked. But id prefer Henry over Boult at this stage.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt Henry likely to miss out on New Zealand World Cup selection | Stuff.co.nz

Ludicrous.

First of all this isn't about Henry vs Mills. Mills should have always been an automatic pick. This is about Henry, Milne and Boult competing for two spots. The correct solution is Henry and Milne in, Boult out. Henry is a better ODI player than Milne and he is a MASSIVELY better ODI player than Boult. Boult has 10 wickets in 10 games @ 39. Henry has 19 wickets in 6 matches @ 15. Jesus.
Geents has burned a lot of bridges in the last 12-18 months, and Hesson is not the sort of man who does leaks or tip-offs. So this is interviewing his typewriter.

Agree with all your sentiment too.

Henry took 13 wickets on the UAE tour, Milne 4. Milne's economy was lower but I'd suggest we aren't taking him for that? Yet Geents says he's the one who secured his spot. Right. Pretty poor article,

I will laugh heartily if Boult misses out, and all these journos have egg on their faces. And he should.

Henry has to go to the WC, or we're a weaker outfit.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Latest Herald article from David Leggatt claims that Mills is a given selection as our #1 ODI pacer (hope so) but that Matt Henry will miss out due to bad domestic form....no mention of auto-selection Boult as usual.
Again, interviewing typewriters. Hesson and co are smarter than taking domestic highways at Alexandra into consideration. His currency (Henry) is ODI wickets and he has lots.