• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aleem Dar WAG!

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
How many of Harper's came in one game. If memory serves there was one match where it seemed like he was over-ruled every 15 minuites or so, although guess the memory plays tricks.

Not totally surprised about Dar, but even for an excellent umpire that's an extraordinary performance.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
How many of Harper's came in one game. If memory serves there was one match where it seemed like he was over-ruled every 15 minuites or so, although guess the memory plays tricks.
These are the decisions reversed in the Canadian innings in their match against Pakistan, four of which were from Harper. He also had two other decisions referred (one in each innings) that he actually managed to get right.
Canada innings
Over 3.6: Review by Pakistan (Bowling), Umpire - DJ Harper, Batsman - R Gunasekera (Upheld)
Over 4.2: Review by Canada (Batting), Umpire - NJ Llong, Batsman - NR Kumar (Upheld)
Over 7.1: Review by Canada (Batting), Umpire - DJ Harper, Batsman - A Bagai (Upheld)
Over 17.1: Review by Pakistan (Bowling), Umpire - DJ Harper, Batsman - A Bagai (Upheld)
Over 33.3: Review by Pakistan (Bowling), Umpire - DJ Harper, Batsman - ZE Surkari (Upheld)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The much maligned Billy Bowden did pretty well and I have to say Marais Erasmus is turning out to be a pretty solid umpire. I have to say I like the way that Dar is willing to be firm with the players on occasion - such as when Ricky Ponting was giving him some verbal in the Ashes series.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dar and Taufel are clearly the best atm.

Was impressed with Erasmus and a couple of others to in the world cup.

And it is hardly a surprise that De Silva and Harper were the worst. Still wonder why did Asoka de silva get back into the elite panel?

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
57 reviews, 0 overturned! What ****ing record!!!!

A great human being as well. I am sure he is line for a hatrick of best ump wins.
He is a top umpire and he must think when players review, '' oh no you really don't want to do that '' :laugh: btw what is WAG when it used for Aleem Dar, wife and girlfriend :huh:...

slowfinger

International Debutant
Aleem Dar the Pakistani. Now our Pakistani pride is in producing quality umpires! Forget that other bloke forgot his name, but this guy is just chill.