Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Top 5 Magical World Cup Moments

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    [*]Brett Lee v Pakistan, 4 for 28
    I thought it was a huge shame that Brett Lee's spectacular performance was part of a losing effort. Glad to see that others noticed it and it wasn't masked by Australia losing.

My favorite magical moment was our fightback against South Africa. Incredible bowling and fielding to lock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
    My favorite magical moment was our fightback against South Africa. Incredible bowling and fielding to lock it down.
    Absolutely. It's a shame that performance isn't quite being given the credit it deserves because people have been very quick to put it entirely down to a South African choke. I'm not denying that was a factor, by the way. But our bowling and fielding team effort was sensational that night.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Absolutely. It's a shame that performance isn't quite being given the credit it deserves because people have been very quick to put it entirely down to a South African choke. I'm not denying that was a factor, by the way. But our bowling and fielding team effort was sensational that night.
    Definitely. Loved the way they completely shut down the flow of runs after Duminy fell. The fielding inside the ring was incredible, and backed up Vettori's attacking captaincy superbly.

It was amazing to watch, as soon as South Africa gave them the slightest way in they pounced on it and didn't give them a fraction of a thing.

Found this post from King Cricket:

Exceptional cricket. That is how you exploit a weakness.

At 108-2 chasing 222, South Africa seemed untroubled, but there was a spot on their face. It was very small, but it was there. With the dismissal of Jacques Kallis, they gave it a little bit of a scratch and took the top off it, drawing a faint speck of blood.

What New Zealand did then was magnificent. They sawed off Mount Everest, tipped it over, inserted the tip into that blemish and pushed. Bringing the field in, surrounding the South Africans, they pushed and they pushed and they pushed until that tiny break in the skin was a wound and then they pushed some more until South Africa split in two.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

vcs
    Yeah, in many ways that was my favourite game of the World Cup. The intensity, as you say, was simply amazing to watch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information