• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gambhir is a superstar. Haters can suck it even more!!!!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How many bloody times has he stood up under pressure for India in the last couple of years.

Whether it be test ,ODI or T20 ,He does it everytime .
Ridiculously good at crucial junctures.

He may not have got a MOTM or a 100 but his knock today was for me more crucial in setting the base than Dhoni.

WAG!!!!!!

Calm under pressure man .Surely has silenced all his doubters now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Doubters won't ever be silenced because of the method in which he scores runs tbh. But he is a damn good batsman, and delivers a lot when India need him most.

As important as his knock was tonight, you get the feeling his match-saving innings vs. NZ in NZ and SA in SA are the best innings of his career.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was a good gritty knock, but Dhoni's was better TBH, if for no other reason than the fact that he made sure he saw us home. Great occasion to pick to perform though, he'll be gutted he threw away a hundred to that shot.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He was the one who handled the pressure at 31 for 2 and played off their best bowlers and then carried on and when Dhoni came in made sure to take the attack and at the same time not lose his wicket.

Dhoni may have played quicker and with the 6 made himself remembered ,but his knock was played in a tougher situation and with a premium on his wicket . He made Dhoni's job a hell lot easier.

Also remember the Asia cup knock against Pakistan. He now stands up time and again in crucial situations!!!!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Was a good gritty knock, but Dhoni's was better TBH, if for no other reason than the fact that he made sure he saw us home. Great occasion to pick to perform though, he'll be gutted he threw away a hundred to that shot.
Dhoni's job was made a lot easier ,thanks to Gambhir.

Had Gautam got out early after 31 for 2 or even when Dhoni came in ,India would have been in real trouble.
But had Dhoni got out at 180 /190 i think there was more chance India would have still made it with Raina and Yuvraj.
Gamhir staved off the pressure for Dhoni to build on.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I agree. I think Gambhir's innings was more important. If India had gone 3 down for less than 100 the match would have been completely different.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The man is special. I won't trade this Innings with one where Sachin scored 171* and India got to the total in 35 overs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah its so difficult to debate which innings was better.

Gambhir's was scrappier, and less convincing. But he got the runs nevertheless, and steadied the ship after Sehwag and Sachin went down. Without him we'd have been up **** creek.

However when Dhoni came in the match was far from won, and he really guided Gambhir through, who was starting to struggle and fatigue. Dhoni also got us home.

Can argue til the cows come home. It's basically a debate between top order and middle-to-lower order batting really.

vcs

I see your point of view. Hell whatever, I'll take both. :cool:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I see your point of view. Hell whatever, I'll take both. :cool:
Agree.:cool:

But feeling a little bad for Gambhir With Dhoni getting all the plaudits.

I think his was more iconic with a six at the end ,but Gambhir's was more important in substance for me.

Had Gambhir got 3 more runs ,it would have been a different case. Really Hope His contribution here is not forgotten in history.

Daemon

Both were equally important. Man of the match shouldve been split into 3 for Jaya, Gambhir and Dhoni :) Why can't nice things happen?

Burgey

When I type "Cevno" into my iPhone, it autocorrects to "CW No".

Given this is a thread about Gambhir, I'll let that stand as my reply.

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
It's hard to pick but I think Gambhir's innings was better. When India was 31/2 the pressure was massive and he was the one who had to absorb it. There was still some pressure when Dhoni came in but not nearly as much.

And yeah Gambhir has been fantastic over the last few years in pressure situations. I have always been skeptical about his technique against fast bowlers in test matches and still am to some extent but there is no denying his ability to handle pressure.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I hate Gambhir from the bottom of my heart.

I therefore take this thread very personally.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Not to take anything from Gambhir's knock, but he wasn't quite as clinical. Did play a couple of rash shots but survived luckily. Think like this, given the circumstances and all, there was some room for improvement in Gambhir's knock if he was to play it all over again. But no room to do it better in case of Dhoni. Anyways, I'll take both :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
juz LOVE the fact he has so many haterz here and he still keeps producing the most important knocks for India all the time with amazing consistency.. He is gonna drive a few away from CW at this rate, which may not be completely bad to be honest.. :ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
juz LOVE the fact he has so many haterz here and he still keeps producing the most important knocks for India all the time with amazing consistency.. He is gonna drive a few away from CW at this rate, which may not be completely bad to be honest.. :ph34r:
I think he is trying to get into the Bhajji and Sreesanth league :ph34r: