Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Dhoni is a superstar. Haters can suck it

Ganguly's captaincy a tad overrated. But that's another discussion.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    wow......coming from Akram that is saying a lot..........
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Ganguly's captaincy a tad overrated. But that's another discussion.
    You should go set the speed to 100Mph on a bowling machine, remove your box and go stand in front of said bowling machine and receive 10 shots on your groin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    You should go set the speed to 100Mph on a bowling machine, remove your box and go stand in front of said bowling machine and receive 10 shots on your groin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post

No greater man than the dada himself.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    With all due respect to Dhoni,I think Wasim got a bit carried away there.Dhoni's a fantastic captain,but he still has a fair way to go before being on the same level/close to Imran the captain.

Ganguly on the other hand,is the mannest of the mans.One of my favorite cricketers ever.The Prince Of Calcutta WAG
    Last edited by salman85; 07-04-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    With all due respect to Dhoni,I think Wasim got a bit carried away there.Dhoni's a fantastic captain,but he still has a fair way to go before being on the same level/close to Imran the captain.

Ganguly on the other hand,is the mannest of the mans.One of my favorite cricketers ever.The Prince Of Calcutta WAG
    Dude I also think Dhoni is somewhat like Imran as a captain. The only thing that I want to see is how will Dhoni perform as a captain when the big four leave the team and he has a rebuilding process ahead of him.

Better than Ganguly even now.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    His ton in the final was easily one of the best ODI innings I've seen since Mahela Jayawardene's ton in the 2011 World Cup final.

Dhoni didn't score a ton.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Do people have some sort of personal vendetta against Bevan or something? The idea that someone could argue that he's half the player Viv was is pretty astonishing to me given that Bevan was almost unquestionably the best finisher the game has ever seen and played some jaw-dropping innings under pressure.

I can certainly accept people saying Viv is better, even by a fair margin, and personally I think it's almost impossible to compare the two, but Bevan would be an absolute walkover into an all-time ODI XI which surely means the gap can't be that huge.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Do people have some sort of personal vendetta against Bevan or something? The idea that someone could argue that he's half the player Viv was is pretty astonishing to me given that Bevan was almost unquestionably the best finisher the game has ever seen and played some jaw-dropping innings under pressure.

I can certainly accept people saying Viv is better, even by a fair margin, and personally I think it's almost impossible to compare the two, but Bevan would be an absolute walkover into an all-time ODI XI which surely means the gap can't be that huge.
    This. So this

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Dude I also think Dhoni is somewhat like Imran as a captain. The only thing that I want to see is how will Dhoni perform as a captain when the big four leave the team and he has a rebuilding process ahead of him.

Better than Ganguly even now.
    In the way he conducts himself and the team on the pitch,then perhaps yes.But he still has to achieve more to be up there with Imran.I don't think they are similar in terms of captaincy style btw.Imran was autocratic.He captained with an iron fist.Dhoni doesn't lead like that,or atleast doesn't appear to lead like that.

vcs
    Products of their environments, really. Dhoni would look silly ruling the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman with an iron fist. I wonder if Imran had many senior players in his team and how he involved them in the leadership.. guys like Zaheer Abbas, Abdul Qadir(?). Not sure of their ages and status in the team, and whether any of them were there prior to Imran.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Products of their environments, really. Dhoni would look silly ruling the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman with an iron fist. I wonder if Imran had many senior players in his team and how he involved them in the leadership.. guys like Zaheer Abbas, Abdul Qadir(?). Not sure of their ages and status in the team, and whether any of them were there prior to Imran.
    You are right actually. Most of the old guard were retiring or had retired when Imran took over captaincy. Only Javed remained from his olden days.

Zaheer Abbas, Asif Iqbal, Sarfaraz Nawaz, Majid Khan, Mushtaq Mohammad, all had retired by 1984. Imran had taken up captaincy in 1982.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information