Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dhoni is a superstar. Haters can suck it

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    That's Dhoni for you. Does huge things but does them nonchalantly and without fuss. One rare show of emotion in the match though was when he was forces into a single by Yuvi. He hit his own pads so hard that the thud was audible beyond the boundary rope they say.
    More like he was angry with himself for doing the stop-start-stop routine. Could've easily been a run out had it been a lesser agile batsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Once in a lifetime player really.
    It can be said of Dhoni and Tendulkar what someone said about Bradman and Warne - "There'd sooner be another Tendulkar than there'd be another Dhoni"

Doesn't mean Dhoni is a greater cricketer but only more unique.

State Vice-Captain
    I disagree with that. Calm, cool, re-assuring leaders who thrived under pressure who rose to the occassion when in mattered. Steve Waugh anyone?

There'll definitely be more like Dhoni before there are any more like Tendulkar.

Not to deny the fact that Dhoni is just awesome.

Well yeah, Bradman - Warne comment wasn't anymore true either

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    I am not really referring to this thread, but the post you made here and the one in the match thread. You make it sound like this one knock makes the prior criticisms suddenly invalid. There is nothing misinformed about the critique Dhoni had gotten for not stepping up at WCs.

Gilchrist has performed far better than Dhoni in WCs although Dhoni is probably better than him overall.

I don't recall saying that but I may have. My gripe is with Dhoni being compared to Bevan. Dhoni has never played the kind of innings Bevan has at WCs. And that's not something I bring up as some sort of tie-breaker - because I think Bevan is better overall regardless. I think it shows a clear lack of respect to compare a colossus of the limited overs game to someone who before today had never played an innings of note at the most important event in said format.

A great knock today, but outside it Dhoni had a very forgettable tourney.
    So Bevan made an amazing 90* in a WC final at home under the most immense pressure a cricketer can imagine? Already Dhoni has trumped Ponting and Gilchrist in WC finals for me... So he is the best eva........
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

State Vice-Captain
    They're definitely be another match-winning spin bowling genius before there is another batsman who averages 99. I mean Murali FFS, he was right there playing alongside Warne during all that time.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    They're definitely be another match-winning spin bowling genius before there is another batsman who averages 99. I mean Murali FFS, he was right there playing alongside Warne during all that time.
    Exactly. These things are said for an effect and shouldn't be taken literally

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    More like he was angry with himself for doing the stop-start-stop routine. Could've easily been a run out had it been a lesser agile batsman.
    Not really... I think he had a go at Yuvi coz Yuvi was running on the other pitch and Dhoni could not even see him for a couple of seconds there.. And with run outs, that is an eternity..

State 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    How close he is to Sir IVA Richards as an ODI batsman ?

On a scale of 1-100, I will have IVAR a freaking 95. Bevan at 50. That's how close he is.
    LOL, wut ?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    agree with abmk.....the difference pointed out by Sanz is a little too much to be digested
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Yeah Bevan was a legend.

Him hitting that 4 off the last ball is still to this day one of my favourite childhood cricket memories.

I'd still say Viv shades him, but there is an argument either way. Same with Sachin and Ponting imo.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

I am interested in knowing what the required run rate was in matches where Bevan took Aus home in run chases. Anyway to find that in statsguru?

Best way would be to look at fall-of-wickets and see what it was when he arrived at the crease.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah Bevan was a legend.

Him hitting that 4 off the last ball is still to this day one of my favourite childhood cricket memories.

I'd still say Viv shades him, but there is an argument either way. Same with Sachin and Ponting imo.
    Was at that game when he hit that shot.

He was a great player. Still think Viv by a big margin tbh. But it really is apples and oranges.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Yeah, I almost feel that you're better off having a debate between Viv, Sachin and Ponting when it comes to ODI cricket.

Bevan played a completely different role.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information