• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni is a superstar. Haters can suck it

cnerd123

likes this
They're definitely be another match-winning spin bowling genius before there is another batsman who averages 99. I mean Murali FFS, he was right there playing alongside Warne during all that time.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
They're definitely be another match-winning spin bowling genius before there is another batsman who averages 99. I mean Murali FFS, he was right there playing alongside Warne during all that time.
Exactly. These things are said for an effect and shouldn't be taken literally :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
More like he was angry with himself for doing the stop-start-stop routine. Could've easily been a run out had it been a lesser agile batsman.
Not really... I think he had a go at Yuvi coz Yuvi was running on the other pitch and Dhoni could not even see him for a couple of seconds there.. And with run outs, that is an eternity..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Bevan was a legend.

Him hitting that 4 off the last ball is still to this day one of my favourite childhood cricket memories.

I'd still say Viv shades him, but there is an argument either way. Same with Sachin and Ponting imo.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I am interested in knowing what the required run rate was in matches where Bevan took Aus home in run chases. Anyway to find that in statsguru?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Best way would be to look at fall-of-wickets and see what it was when he arrived at the crease.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Bevan was a legend.

Him hitting that 4 off the last ball is still to this day one of my favourite childhood cricket memories.

I'd still say Viv shades him, but there is an argument either way. Same with Sachin and Ponting imo.
Was at that game when he hit that shot.

He was a great player. Still think Viv by a big margin tbh. But it really is apples and oranges.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, I almost feel that you're better off having a debate between Viv, Sachin and Ponting when it comes to ODI cricket.

Bevan played a completely different role.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah Bevan was a legend.

This

Yeah, I almost feel that you're better off having a debate between Viv, Sachin and Ponting when it comes to ODI cricket.

Bevan played a completely different role.
and This

vcs

Averaging 43 ish and striking at 80+ and he doesn't belong on the argument?
He certainly does TBH, but he's just a shade beneath Sachin and Tendulkar. IMO of course.

I would put Viv ahead of Tendulkar in ODIs only on the grounds that he has the big centuries in WC knockout rounds, something Sachin couldn't quite get done. Still he won the WC he was waiting for, so that's a nice consolation. Before the tournament, I said if Sachin has a great WC and scores a match-winning century in the final (any one of the knockout games would have sufficed), I'll put him alongside Richards. Didn't happen, but he did pretty well all the same.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
you must be kidding????
No. Bevan was a fantastic ODI batsman, but I'd take Ponting over him - but they played different roles.

Dhoni plays a more similar role to Bevan but is harder hitting. However, Bevan was far superior to Dhoni as a finisher - so much more consistent. So definitely Bevan is ahead of Dhoni in my opinion. But he wouldn't be in my top five ODI batsman, and if he makes my top ten, it probably be at the bottom of that list. But to each his own I suppose.

As for Ponting, in ODIs, I have to say that I agree that I don't think he belongs with Tendulkar and Viv but IMO he's still up there, probably in the top five though I haven't really thought about anyone outside the top two. Dean Jones should make it up there too in that top ODI batsmen list.

Spark

Global Moderator
He certainly does TBH, but he's just a shade beneath Sachin and Tendulkar. IMO of course.

I would put Viv ahead of Tendulkar in ODIs only on the grounds that he has the big centuries in WC knockout rounds, something Sachin couldn't quite get done. Still he won the WC he was waiting for, so that's a nice consolation. Before the tournament, I said if Sachin has a great WC and scores a match-winning century in the final (any one of the knockout games would have sufficed), I'll put him alongside Richards. Didn't happen, but he did pretty well all the same.
OK, he's good, but he's not so good that he's equivalent to two players :ph34r:

Burgey

Yeah though it says a fair bit that it comes down to something like that to make a difference.

Certainly it's hard to argue against those two as the best in ODIs, and they would most likely be 1&2 for me. All I was saying is RTP belongs in the argument and is a top tier, and I mean very top tier, ODI player.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't see why a 100 in a knockout needs to occur instead of an 80+ score vs. Pakistan in a match where no one scored a hundred? You have to put the amount of runs in context.

Was dropped a few times obviously, but without his runs India would have definitely lost to Pakistan.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah though it says a fair bit that it comes down to something like that to make a difference.

Certainly it's hard to argue against those two as the best in ODIs, and they would most likely be 1&2 for me. All I was saying is RTP belongs in the argument and is a top tier, and I mean very top tier, ODI player.
Yea, definitely top five, and possibly #3.