Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dhoni is a superstar. Haters can suck it

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Very impressive portfolio for Dhoni now
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    You forgot no 1 ODI side

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Wait, what has been said about him? A quality performance when it counted, he's proven more people right than wrong.
    There was a couple of silly posts about him after he went out vs. Australia.

Nevertheless, there aren't many "haters". Overreaction this thread

What a captain's innings though. WAFG
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Dhoni is a champ. This was an awesome innings, brilliantly placed and at the biggest stage possible and that too while chasing a large target.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

Yeah, I was tempted to bump those posts, but I'll let it go. Today is a day of positivity.

Nah, I am not trying to pick any fights. I am just too choked with Dhoni love and hence the thread. Although it was motivated those posts you referred to, I don't mean to bait anyone.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Not really. He was critiqued for not performing in WCs and his record is still very ordinary in that regard. He played a great innings today but his highest score before this was 34, across two world cups. Let's not pretend people had a personal agenda against him.
    ★★★★★

Would love to know where I said personal agenda, or even implied it. I'd rather you not put words in my mouth.
    Last edited by Jono; 02-04-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Cricket Spectator
    my heart nearly popped out !!! fantastic innings by dhoni! showing that he is an awesome captain holding the world cup and holding the last innings.

So silly using Dhoni's 2007 WC record against him. Played Bermuda, Bangladesh, who if he scored against would have been discounted even though India lost that game, and got a first ball beauty from Murali.

That's all he played.

The guy's ODI record speaks for itself ffs. So he was out of form heading into the WC. He worked on it and played well today. I doubt many give a **** about his WC record against Ireland and Netherlands

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Would love to know where I said personal agenda, or even implied it. I'd rather you not put words in my mouth.
    Although you said there weren't many "haters" you made a concession that people made "silly" posts after he got out against Australia. That doesn't refer to people disliking him - i.e. "haters"? It insinuates as much.

That's all he played.
    He's played against S.Africa, Australia, WIndies, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan in WCs before this match and his highest score against them was 31.
    Last edited by Ikki; 02-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Haha wtf?

By silly I meant misinformed and heat of the moment posting which is what that posting in the Aust vs. Ind thread was. Most haven't seen half of Dhoni's brilliant innings, but judge him when he's out of form or a 1-baller vs. SL in 2007. It's silly posting.

Jeez, I say that this thread is an overreaction and I get panned from you nevertheless. Very odd.

I think Dhoni was batting at the wrong position in this world cup and hence the poor performances. Nothing to do with not being able to perform on big stage. He is better off at 5 and a position where he has the option to start slow and then explode.

And Ikki, remember you saying on Dhoni vs Gilchrist comparison that there is no case till Dhoni plays the kind of knock that Gilchrist played in WC 2007 final. So Dhoni merits comparison now

"Haters can suck it" is a CW catch phrase. Allow me to use it liberally without having to justify the use of word "haters"

vcs
    The knives were out for his ODI career record based on a sample space consisting of about a dozen WC games. Excellent to ATG ODI batsmen like Rhodes, Astle, Inzamam and Hussey average about the same as him in WCs (before this latest knock)... that's just how it goes when a tournament comes about once every four years. Some people are flattered by their WC records, and some are better than their record in that tournament indicates. Besides, he's just 29 and probably has another 2 WCs to go to improve that record further.

Rhodes : 20.82@87.84 from 20 innings (HS 43)
    Astle : 20.15@70.15 from 22 innings (despite 2 hundreds)
    Inzamam : 23.90@74.6 from 33 innings (HS 81)
    Hussey : 19.50@82.10 from 9 innings (HS 54 against Kenya)

Hardly in poor company, MS, even if he hadn't come good today.
    Last edited by vcs; 02-04-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information