• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

your time will come - Chak de Sri Lankaaaaa

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Himanv is a GNR fan and that was all it took for me to get on board with Team SL

Good luck to you guys tomorrow

Chak de Sri Lanka!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Perennial chokers? Sledger trying hard but failing as per usual.

Stick to the Wrestling thread mate.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Not many seem to know what "Chak de" means really, including myself. Did a google search and got a variety of answers. I tend to interpret it as "Just do it", but would like to know from some authentic Punjabi speaker.

salman85

International Debutant
'Chak De' means 'Uthana' in Urdu/Hindi.

So translated,Chak De India would be Rise Up India.Or as this thread suggests,Rise Up Srilanka.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played Sri Lanka! A bit unlucky to bowl in the dew, and to come up against an ATG batting lineup IMO.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was there dew there? If yes then what happened to the magic spray they used in Mohali when India were bowling?
I think yes. Dhoni mentioned it in his interview. Probably there wasn't much dew in Mohali so I'm not sure any spray was used. If you recollect back to the '96 semis in Mohali, Warne was very effective, but struggled in the final in Lahore. I'm sure the humidity in Mohali must be much lower compared to Mumbai.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Oh OK. I only mentioned the spray because Shastri was saying in Mohali that they used a spay which eliminates the dew before India took the field.