• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India would have reached final despite loss..

Spark

Global Moderator
If they seriously tried that **** they should have faced some of the most severe penalties imaginable. I cannot think of anything more selfish, myopic and destructive not just to subcontinental cricket, but cricket as a whole, not to mention one of the most important diplomatic relationships in the world.

Appalled. Hope it's just a beat-up. Or an April Fools' Joke.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
April Fool :) I have already been made April fool once, so not falling for another.

Dissector

International Debutant
Are there any April fools jokes on Cricinfo? I remember one a long time back (late 90's) which said that through some kind of statistical adjustment, Bradman's average was 100 after all. I remember getting really excited for a few moments before I realized it was a joke. :laugh: Anyone remember that and is the piece still up on their website somewhere?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
if they seriously tried that **** they should have faced some of the most severe penalties imaginable. I cannot think of anything more selfish, myopic and destructive not just to subcontinental cricket, but cricket as a whole, not to mention one of the most important diplomatic relationships in the world.

Appalled.
:laugh:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Are there any April fools jokes on Cricinfo? I remember one a long time back (late 90's) which said that through some kind of statistical adjustment, Bradman's average was 100 after all. I remember getting really excited for a few moments before I realized it was a joke. :laugh: Anyone remember that and is the piece still up on their website somewhere?
Actually that wasn't an April Fools piece, unless you're refering to something else:
The Don's Test average could really be 100 - Sport - BrisbaneTimes
and
99.94 or 100? - Cricket - Sport - theage.com.au

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Wasn't there one a few years back about a guy who could bowl 160+ off only 2 steps being found in the deserts of Namibia?

EDIT: found it

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
If they seriously tried that **** they should have faced some of the most severe penalties imaginable. I cannot think of anything more selfish, myopic and destructive not just to subcontinental cricket, but cricket as a whole, not to mention one of the most important diplomatic relationships in the world.
Spark :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At least Spark only got rumbled once

Not an April Fool but a prank nonetheless, remember The_Sean's post that Bradman was 8th in the CW 50 followed by multiple posts by the likes of SS and Pratters bemoaning the farce of it! Classic

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh I remember reading that before I joined. That was hilarious even not knowing the folks involved. Exploiting the underlining of the member name in the post header, very clever.