• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWC11 Causalty Report

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what makes u say that so confidently mate?
Bloke hardly plays any more, for one. And what more does he have to prove? Even if India loses the final, he's not going to be around for the next WC, and he'll bring up the 100 100's in Test matches anyway, so it's not like he needs to keep playing for that reason. Just see no reason for him to continue.

MyLord

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sachine Retiring?
I can already imagine the headlines the next few days....

Honorable MP from JhumriTayaiya moots nationalizing Sachin's services under the Essential Goods and Services Act 1896, to force him to continue to play.

Advocate PooPoo files class action lawsuit in Ahmadabad saying Sachin has trampled the teeming millions hearts by refusing to play.

Shiv Saina workers Burn Bal Thackery when he lashes out against Sachin.

Umpteen wannabe starlets offer to sleep with him if he continues to play. Half of them volunteer to do so even if he doesn't. Sachin politely declines, Yuvraj hangs around hopefully. Ganguly declares "I reRetire, did you hear me miss, I re-Retire, got that?".

Internet is flooded with scam mail soliciting donations for the construction of Tendulkar Temple.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If there is one area where India are fairly well-endowed, I would say it is in producing decent ODI batsmen. Don't think Tendulkar has much to play for after this WC. He practically hasn't played any ODIs for a year before this tournament.

vcs

Do you want him to break down before we arrive in Australia later this year?
No, I actually don't want him to play much ODI cricket at all, in practice. He's good enough to rock up at the occasional important ODI tournament like a Champions Trophy, World Cup, or maybe a series in Australia/England and do his thing. Definitely don't want him playing every meaningless series going around, especially in India/Bangladesh. Don't want him to retire either. He's only 32.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's not going to play the next World Cup.

And is the Champions Trophy even still going to exist?

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought the last CT was really good tbh. Not just because we won, but it was short, sharp and high-tempo.

smash84

The Tiger King
i'll be more than happy if there is only one casualty after this WC...........might see a rise in our fortunes.......

Khatmal's retirement

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I don't think that Zaheer should finish straight away, I think that he needs to play at least some series to help guide some players in.

Let someone emerge as a new leader, or until you get a set line-up of what you want when he goes. Maybe play a few series with three quicks, even in subcontinental conditions, to let people work out who the best options are.

vcs

I don't think that Zaheer should finish straight away, I think that he needs to play at least some series to help guide some players in.

Let someone emerge as a new leader, or until you get a set line-up of what you want when he goes. Maybe play a few series with three quicks, even in subcontinental conditions, to let people work out who the best options are.
This.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's an ideal world though. Zaheer playing ODIs resulted in him missing the first test vs. SA right?

Can we really afford doing that again? Can we afford giving teams a headstart?

Last edited:

vcs

That's an ideal world though. Zaheer playing ODIs resulted in him missing the first test vs. SA right?

Can we really afford doing that again? Can we afford giving teams a headstart?
Yeah, I agree with you, don't want him missing any more Tests because he played some meaningless ODIs. Maybe he could stick on for a year or two? Our ODI attack would look frighteningly **** without him.