Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Afridi - Class Act

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Engle View Post
    Exactly Dissector.

Staying calm, displaying humor, communicating with the opposition ...these are leadership traits.

Not saying that Afridi is the greatest captain in this WC. The revelation here is in his turnaround. The most difficult team to captain under the most adverse circumstances.

Even in the prev. match vs Australia when he got out hitting the 3rd or 4th ball, he admitted it as being an irresponsible shot under the biggest cricket stage. Very disarming to be so frank and forthright
    Yeah, it's nice that he admitted that it was a stupid shot. But what did he go and do against India, play another damn slog. Typical brain fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Because you mentioned Australian cricketers, as if Benchy wouldn't criticise them. You basically called him one-eyed because he was Australian. That is not on. Had someone done that to me with Indian players I'd have been absolutely pissed off.
    Like you were pissed when Benchy repeatedly made the ignorant comments about 1 Billion Indian fans in the "Crowds" thread. No wait...you were not pissed, you defended him. Talk about being one eyed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Sanz, your posting in this thread has been unnecessarily aggressive, especially considering that everyone has has been relatively respectful. Cut it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Benchy and Sanz - cut it out immediately. I know I sound like a broken record, but please report posts that you think broke the rules and let the mods handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Like you were pissed when Benchy repeatedly made the ignorant comments about 1 Billion Indian fans in the "Crowds" thread. No wait...you were not pissed, you defended him. Talk about being one eyed.
    You are so angry all the time. I just don't get it.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Obviously you did not read Xuhaib's response and it is ridiculous either way to suggest that he bottles (or does not perform) in pressure situation.
    Xuhaib's response was a joke, playing on the word "bottler". It was a pun.

That is why when you just launched into an aggressive spray against him, he just replied 'ffs'.

You missed the joke. When that happens you shouldn't just yell at people.

Xuhaib's response was a joke, playing on the word "bottler". It was a pun.

That is why when you just launched into an aggressive spray against him, he just replied 'ffs'.

You missed the joke. When that happens you shouldn't just yell at people.
    Okay, I missed the pun. On my defense though, 'Bottler' is a common slang for drunks in Subcontinent, since I was not sure, It did ask again.

I couldn't imagine anyone would consider him a "Bottler" in the context of the WC 2011.

yes Sanz bhai it was a pun and Afridi will always be a bottler for me the way he left his young side in England after just one game will always be the biggest bottle job for me even if he wins 10 WC's I am still not going to change my views on him.

vcs

Destiny.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    My favorite Pakistan captain after Imran.

Led my example,brought the sheer joy of cricket back in the team,and was one of the prime reasons why the world cup was followed by such fever pitch enthusiasms in Pakistan after the spot fixing drama.I hope he continues and stays around long enough for the 2015 WC,but that doesn't seem likely with the state of our cricket board.

But still,love the guy.Orchestrated Pakistan's most exciting world cup in 12 years.
    So agree with you on this Salman. I think he is the best Pak captain after Imran and Wasim's second stint.

Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    His achievements as captain in this WC should not be considered lesser than those of Imran. The latter, frankly, had access to all the talent in the country at the time, and there were Pakistani all time greats in both batting and bowling, and amongst both the seasoned and exciting new blood in that squad. There was no major drama like a complete absence of home games, or match fixing scandals, or drug suspensions...(or at least I dont know of such events then)
    Disagree with this. Afridi's team (and we have had this discussion with Fusion before) in 2011 CWC was much more talented than Imran's team in 1992 especially the bowling.

Afridi was all class today. It seems to me that the whole team including the captain surprised themselves by getting into the semi final and they just seemed happy to be there.
    so true

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I know this guy who ball tampers by putting a bottle cap (sharp metal one) in the elastic of his pants. Everytime he shines the ball he scratches the surface of it. He's played about 20 odd FC games in Pakistan and he says literally every pace bowler tampers with the ball even at that level lol. Came as a shock to me at first but it's kind of believable =/
    I won't be surprised at all if this is true for the FC games. NOBODY takes those games seriously so it is easy to get away with

Quote Originally Posted by Engle View Post
    More from Afridi:

" We didn't have much hope from this side but I have respect for my team. Reception? We will go back, people will give us confidence, they backed us. If those people who make us stars say a little what's wrong with that? It's nothing big.... "

I am floored, cant believe what I'm reading. This is statesmanship at it's finest.
    Absolutely outstanding statement from Afridi. Can't believe it is the same man.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    The team got a very warm welcome from the fans today,at both Lahore and Karachi airports.Great to see.

Have to say he's conducted himself very well in all these press releases after the WC. Quite surprised by him tbh.

Pretty much clapped to myself at home when watching the post match interview. Heartfelt apology yet delivered in a very professional and classy manner.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Disagree with this. Afridi's team (and we have had this discussion with Fusion before) in 2011 CWC was much more talented than Imran's team in 1992 especially the bowling.
    Still massively disagree with you and Salman on this.

The team got a very warm welcome from the fans today,at both Lahore and Karachi airports.Great to see.
    That's great to hear!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    that is good hear .....for once our team being welcomed despite the loss.......maybe we are turning a corner as a nation???? I hope so

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information