• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi - Class Act

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha oh Sanzy, you never fail to impress me with your ignorance.

You love to paint me out as one eyed, but here you have made a complete fool of yourself, considering Shane Warne is one of my most disliked cricketers of all time, and I consider him quite unscrupulous.

All the time you come in and play the poster without actually having a valid argument against what I say. When did I criticise Afridi's speech? I simply counter argued the thread title which hails Afridi as a class act, when imo, and many others, he quite clearly isn't.

Please try and troll harder.
So why did you bring up Afridi's past when the OP was in context of today's or may be the WC context . No one said that he did not do whatever he did in the past, the OP had nothing to do with that. And also please do not consider yourself that important, if that post was made by Tendulkar himself, I would have still made that post.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You shouldn't be posting like that Sanz, and you know it.
Why ? What has Afridi's ball biting and other cheating incidents in the past have got to do with how he has performed/led/behaved in this world cup ?

cnerd123

likes this
:laugh:

Alcoholism is a serious issue Sanz, can't believe you're taking it so slightly. I for one would never want a team I supported captained by a drunk.

cnerd123

likes this
I always thought the words "class" and "Afridi" were mutually exclusive. In fact they still are for me. Afridi is a certified habitual cheat, no amount of graciousness in defeat will ever overcome the fact that he is a dishonest person.
Hi Mark.

cnerd123

likes this
Weezy, Left Arm Fast, strong dislike for Afridi. I figured it out.
CW's a fair bit better than PC most of the time. You'll enjoy baiting them here more.

cnerd123

likes this
Majority of the cricket 'fans' there are teenange Indian fanboys who really knowthing nothing about anything.
Add to the a few obnoxious posters who may have a few good points once in a while, but are usually spewing garbage and incite flame wars if you disagree with them, with their condescending passive-aggressive attitudes.
General cricket discussion there is pretty poor tbh, not a lot of good posters left.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
You aren't going to get a lot of people on the internet who have seen the likes of Kepil Dev and Botham or Malcolm Marshall etc. Most of them are going to be teenagers, who have a chance to learn more about cricket from the seniors on the forum. For example I started watching cricket in 98, so one of the only ways for me to learn about cricket is through reading posts here from seniors who watched cricket at the time when you had great players like the ones I mentioned above.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lot of people should give Afridi a second chance. Yes he has been an idiot in the past but he has made a remarkable turnaround and deserves some appreciation.
I was being serious. I posted in some thread before the semis that I felt Afridi was the reason Pakistan have done well this WC and praised him

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know this guy who ball tampers by putting a bottle cap (sharp metal one) in the elastic of his pants. Everytime he shines the ball he scratches the surface of it. He's played about 20 odd FC games in Pakistan and he says literally every pace bowler tampers with the ball even at that level lol. Came as a shock to me at first but it's kind of believable =/