Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Afridi - Class Act

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I don't think what Afridi said is any different to what so many other people say.

It wasn't a smart comment, but it was just an overly patriotic one. It's no different to some countries who think mateship, coming together, fighting against the odds etc. are unique to their own culture.

He's just being patriotic. Meh. No big deal.
    See, now this post is about as ****ing stupid as Afridi's comments.

Are you just being disingenuous, or are you too dumb to notice that "Look, I think if I tell the truth, then a Muslim's heart or a Pakistani's heart they can't match. As big or clean a heart that Allah has given us, I don't think they possess." has almost entirely to do with religion and not nationality? Which other cricketer has directly referenced the religion of another country at all - forget about denigrating it openly? It's an utterly shameful, ignorant, and somewhat ironic thing to say, and definitely unprecedented.

In any case, good to know that Afridi the jackass is the same old big-hearted Afridi caught dancing on the pitch, chewing a cricket ball and backstabbing his own team-mates at every available opportunity. A complete dickwad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    So he basically goes from giving a forcefull statement advocating love/harmony between India and Pakistan to a moronicly and hurtfully stereotyping the Indians in the span of 24 hours. Brilliant.
    come on fusion you didn't really expect the guy to morph into a statesman, did you? in any case he is still a young and immature 20 year old so you've got to cut him some slack...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    See, now this post is about as ****ing stupid as Afridi's comments.

Are you just being disingenuous, or are you too dumb to notice that "Look, I think if I tell the truth, then a Muslim's heart or a Pakistani's heart they can't match. As big or clean a heart that Allah has given us, I don't think they possess." has almost entirely to do with religion and not nationality? Which other cricketer has directly referenced the religion of another country at all - forget about denigrating it openly? It's an utterly shameful, ignorant, and somewhat ironic thing to say, and definitely unprecedented.

In any case, good to know that Afridi the jackass is the same old big-hearted Afridi caught dancing on the pitch, chewing a cricket ball and backstabbing his own team-mates at every available opportunity. A complete dickwad.
    Firstly, why are you always getting personal and insulting other posters? It's a common theme throughout your posting, whether it be about the Indian team or other issues. It's absolutely frustrating.

Secondly, judging by the opinions of other Indian posters here and their reaction to Afridi's comments, I'm prepared to admit I am wrong in assessing Afridi's comments. I'm not in a position to judge as I am not a Hindu, and I just gave my initial reaction.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Afridi - Class Act

04/04/2011
    Indian players don't have clean hearts

Karachi: Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi has stirred controversy again by saying that he did not find any of the Indian cricketers having large or clean hearts.Speaking days after losing to India in the World Cup semi-final in Mohali, Afridi said: "In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," he added.

Afridi, who was participating in a talk show on Samaa news channel, said: "It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad."

"We don't want to fight with each other, but a third country - everyone knows which one it is - is trying to spoil our relations. (This country) is taking advantage of Pakistan and wants to take advantage of India. I don't want to go into details but these people will not let us come together," he added.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semi-final with India at Mohali on March 30, Afridi replied: "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India. Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

For the record, Pakistan lost to India by 29 runs, paving the host team's entry into the finals for the third time in ten World Cup editions. India has won the World Cup twice and is the only country to win it at home.

Source

Banned
    i think you guys are only telling one side of the story, he didn't means indian people he meant indian players have small heart and hate pakistanis, he was basically reacting to what Gautham gambhir said before the match, that if india wins, it will be a revenge for the mumbai attacks of 2008. Now if some one said that, i would be pissed off too. I think i have noticed this before too, that pakistani players are really friendly with indian players, but indians players are really negative to pakistani players, the whole indian cricket board is actually negative and always brings politics in the middle, the snub that pakistani players got in IPL proves that
    Last edited by Gooch20; 04-04-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    04/04/2011
    Indian players don't have clean hearts

Karachi: Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi has stirred controversy again by saying that he did not find any of the Indian cricketers having large or clean hearts.Speaking days after losing to India in the World Cup semi-final in Mohali, Afridi said: "In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," he added.

Afridi, who was participating in a talk show on Samaa news channel, said: "It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad."

"We don't want to fight with each other, but a third country - everyone knows which one it is - is trying to spoil our relations. (This country) is taking advantage of Pakistan and wants to take advantage of India. I don't want to go into details but these people will not let us come together," he added.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semi-final with India at Mohali on March 30, Afridi replied: "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India. Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

For the record, Pakistan lost to India by 29 runs, paving the host team's entry into the finals for the third time in ten World Cup editions. India has won the World Cup twice and is the only country to win it at home.

Source
    oh thanks, now this confirms what i said in my previous post, I think that hindu/muslim thing came out of his mouth accidently, but he clearly meant indian players/indian board
    Last edited by Gooch20; 04-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Secondly, judging by the opinions of other Indian posters here and their reaction to Afridi's comments, I'm prepared to admit I am wrong in assessing Afridi's comments. I'm not in a position to judge as I am not a Hindu, and I just gave my initial reaction.
    To me it seems like he got few calls from upstairs after he talked about having good relations with India and how similar Pakistanis are to Indians, watch indian movies,have similar customs etc etc. I bet that did not see too well with the Fundo types who thrive on the idea that both countries and cultures are totally alien to each other and how they can't and should not live together peacefully .

The sudden turn around including the meaningless reference of US, smacks of an act of desperation, it is just too strange and hard to believe Afridi had a sudden change of heart in one day. I still believe that the Afridi that spoke at the airport was speaking what he felt, the Afridi on the phone was not.

Firstly, why are you always getting personal and insulting other posters? It's a common theme throughout your posting, whether it be about the Indian team or other issues. It's absolutely frustrating.

I have never personally criticised posters, other than yourself. This is because I've been attacked personally every time I criticise the Indian team - mostly by you.

You don't have to be a Hindu to see the obviously prejudiced and insipid nature of his comments. It requires a very basic level of human empathy.
    Last edited by Evermind; 04-04-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch20 View Post
    i think you guys are only telling one side of the story, he didn't means indian people he meant indian players have small heart and hate pakistanis, he was basically reacting to what Gautham gambhir said before the match, that if india wins, it will be a revenge for the mumbai attacks of 2008. Now if some one said that, i would be pissed off too. I think i have noticed this before too, that pakistani players are really friendly with indian players, but indians players are really negative to pakistani players, the whole indian cricket board is actually negative and always brings politics in the middle, the snub that pakistani players got in IPL proves that
    What did Gambhir say that was so negative about Pakistani Players ?

If Gambhir did say that, it is in bloody bad taste and he should apologize immediately. What a moronic comment at so many levels. Neither the Pakistani cricketers have anything to do with the Mumbai attack, nor is result of a cricket match capable of healing those wounds.

gambhir dedicated the win to the memory of the 26/11 victims. that is not anti-pakistani in any way, unless pakistan wants to look at the 26/11 attack as its crowning achievement.

am absolutely sure no normal person, indian, pakistani or otherwise, would have taken delight in innocents getting slaughtered by terrorists whether it happened in mumbai or karachi or london. interpreting gautham gambhir's statement as a "revenge for 26/11" is a dishonest reaction.

and yes, afridi was, is and will always be a dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    If Gambhir did say that, it is in bloody bad taste and he should apologize immediately. What a moronic comment at so many levels. Neither the Pakistani cricketers have anything to do with the Mumbai attack, nor is result of a cricket match capable of healing those wounds.
    From what I have read, Gambhir did not say anything before the Pakistan match or about Pakistani players.

YouTube - Gambhir wants to win the World Cup for 26/11 victims

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Well to be fair to Gambhir, he didn't say any such thing.

He said "“For me, it will be dedicated to the people who lost their lives in the 26/11 massacre. A win, that too in the World Cup final, and that too in Mumbai, should be dedicated to the victims,”

Nothing about revenge, nothing about Pakistan, nothing about religion. It's in a completely different vein from Afridi's comments.

he didnt say that. dont invent stories.

even gambhir knows the best revenge for 26/11 would be weakening the terrorist network operating in the af-pak region, which india is doing effectively (from india's perspective) with american help. it cant happen on the cricket field.

afridi, the fool has said something stupid, involving size of heart and god etc. lets laugh at him him and move on rather than trying to make sense of it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    gambhir dedicated the win to the memory of the 26/11 victims. that is not anti-pakistani in any way, unless pakistan wants to look at the 26/11 attack as its crowning achievement.

am absolutely sure no normal person, indian, pakistani or otherwise, would have taken delight in innocents getting slaughtered by terrorists whether it happened in mumbai or karachi or london. interpreting gautham gambhir's statement as a "revenge for 26/11" is a dishonest reaction.

and yes, afridi was, is and will always be a dickhead.
    awta

also agree with Sanz somewhat.....definitely seems that his first statement regarding "stop the hatred against India" didn't go down too well with some of the higher ups. A very sudden u-turn and the reference of third country. Strange to say the least
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information