• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi - Class Act

salman85

International Debutant
Afridi the bowler WAMFG.
Afridi the onfield captain WAMFG.
Afridi the batsman WAG.
Afridi the media man WAOC.

With 'O' standing for occasional.

Last edited:

slowfinger

International Debutant
;( I was nearly at tears when he made his speech. I don't think it would be wise for him to be a test cricketer, as much as I love him, if you play him straight he will never defeat you because he relies on defeating you alltogether with a big sweep top-edge or a lazy cut. He is definately an AMAZING captain and I love him... Gives me hope with Pakistan. Hope that I lost all this time ago. Sorry wait, he doesn't have a brain. Soz.

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
Yuvraj's response was the best.
Adding fuel to the fire IMO. Afridi's comments were obviously moronic and he appears to have backtracked from them ; it's best to move on .

As for Gavaskar and Mallya, Gavaskar's statement was completely innocuous as is evident from the video clip.

However it does appear that tweet was posted on Mallya's account and if he did write it, it's disgraceful not least because it trivializes the tragedy and horror what happened that day in Mumbai. And frankly I would expect a lot better from an experienced businessman like Mallya than from Afridi.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adding fuel to the fire IMO. Afridi's comments were obviously moronic and he appears to have backtracked from them ; it's best to move on .

As for Gavaskar and Mallya, Gavaskar's statement was completely innocuous as is evident from the video clip.

However it does appear that tweet was posted on Mallya's account and if he did write it, it's disgraceful not least because it trivializes the tragedy and horror what happened that day in Mumbai. And frankly I would expect a lot better from an experienced businessman like Mallya than from Afridi.
Mallya is a wanker. I will always want his Royal Challengers team to fail miserably, though I like quite a few of their players.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Don't know which of the 2 explanations for this bizzare outburst is a more comforting one.

- that Afridi is a dipstick, and so nothing he says is of any consequence (because he did say nice things).

- or that there is a bunch of people who explicitly or implicitly pressured Afridi into making new statements that went against the grain of what he had said before.

Doesn't matter, I suppose., disappointing either way.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Jeevan, this is a guy who chews a cricket ball infront of 21 cameras accepts test captaincy and then retires after one game.Believe me there was no pressure on him the civilian government is trying their leval best to get in to India's good books. The big media houses like Geo are always willing to play the 'Aman ki asha' card all that is left is the army and currently the army is so stretched in the Northern parts that I doubt they care what Afridi has on his mind.The best way to tolerate this moron is let him play his cricket quietly and ignore anything he says be it positive or negative.

salman85

International Debutant
Your hatred for Afridi is pretty silly TBH.Minus the current statements,Afridi has never played or done Pakistan more good as a cricketer than he has since becoming captain.Also,your accusation of 'getting in India's good books' is absurd,with no solid reasoning of proof.

Remove the 'I hate Afridi cloud' and then re-assess what you said.

I understand bashing him for the current statements,but you take your hatred to a new chappellesque level with the conspiracy theories.

He made a stupid remark.Clarified it a few days later.Whatever the motive for the original comment was,it certainly doesn't bring in the India Good Books and North Areas-Army theories.It was a silly remark that he should have not made,end of story.Be biased all you want in assessing Afridi,which is obvious from your blatant hatred for the man,but no amount of bias can cover up the fact that he is the first captain to make Pakistan gel like a unit and perform so well in a world cup in a long time.And he did it against far more controversies in the background than our previous captains,Imran Khan included,ever faced.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
well I can argue you remove your Afridi blinkered glasses and then re-assess.

As for making this team a fighting unit credit should go to Misbah and Waqar and not only Afridi as they were the one's who first started picking up the pieces after the spot fixing issue.