• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Played Pakistan!

Bun

Banned
Well, they came as nomads, but have performed above expectations. I hope they have uplifted the moods of millions of Pakistani fans who are no more allowed the privelage of watching them live at home.

Played Pakistan.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Thanks. I really hope some of the fans back home don't do anything drastic. In the news they were saying that in Karachi a few fans started firing guns when Pakistan lost which resulted in around 30-40 casualties.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Brilliant victory for India, well done. I fully expected this result before the game and and at no point did my opinion change.

I took the day off work (hospital) and watched this game at a sports bar, real good fun. I think Pakistan should hold their head up high, they are a mediocre team and have come very far through team spirit despite having players banned for match fixing, terrorist attacks at home e.t.c

Should be a walk in the park facing Sl in final.

Bun

Banned
Thanks. I really hope some of the fans back home don't do anything drastic. In the news they were saying that in Karachi a few fans started firing guns when Pakistan lost which resulted in around 30-40 casualties.
OMG, I hope that's false news! Seriously that's ******** if true :(

jeevan

International 12th Man
Well played Pakistan. The catching was the difference in the end - they would've had a much more remarkable tournament with even an average fielding performance overall, but you have what you have and made the most out of it better than any other team.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Brilliant victory for India, well done. I fully expected this result before the game and and at no point did my opinion change.

I took the day off work (hospital) and watched this game at a sports bar, real good fun. I think Pakistan should hold their head up high, they are a mediocre team and have come very far through team spirit despite having players banned for match fixing, terrorist attacks at home e.t.c

Should be a walk in the park facing Sl in final.
Good to know, but wrong thread for it, thanks.

Dissector

International Debutant
Pakistan's bowling in this world cup was close to the level of the all-time great ODI attacks from the West Indies and Australia IMO. Obviously their fielding/keeping was crap and their batting was mediocre. If they work on their fielding and if guys like Umar can fulfil their potential they could easily become a top class ODI outfit.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan's bowling in this world cup was close to the level of the all-time great ODI attacks from the West Indies and Australia IMO. Obviously their fielding/keeping was crap and their batting was mediocre. If they work on their fielding and if guys like Umar can fulfil their potential they could easily become a top class ODI outfit.
I think the best ever ODI attacks were Australia and SA in '99, and probably W. Indies in their glory years. Pakistan were good, but not quite close to that gold standard IMO.

EDIT : Pakistan in '99 were not bad themselves, with Waqar not even getting into the team. Akram + Shoaib + Saqlain was better than what they had in this tournament.

Last edited:

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
today their bowling and fielding was **** leaving wahab

expected more to come out of them and more over, the choice of pp was very sad as afridi should have taken it when he and misbah weere there, atleast by this , pakistan would have got a bit closer to india's total

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Congrats Pakistan

Good effort to make the Semi Finals, you have doen yourselves proud, losing to a team that will almost certainly be the eventual champions is nothing to be ashamed of.

For a team with no batter capable of making a century to somehow get into the last 4 is extraordinary!

For the resources you have it was a gritty effort to make the last 4, it was always going to be too much against a top quality outfit like us! but as I say you have done yourselves proud with today's match and the tournament as a whole

salman85

International Debutant
Expect this team to be the complete package in the 2015 tournament.Very proud of the team.The loss hurts like hell,but someone had to lose.But Pakistan is certainly on the right direction for the future.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Very well Played Pakistan. This was anyone's game today until Afridi was out there in he middle. Comparing to what they have seen in last couple of years, Every Pakistani fan should be proud of his team's performance in this world cup.

MyLord

School Boy/Girl Captain
Spare a thought for Shoiab Akhter. His retirement, like much of his career, just squibed out.

Got to say one thing for that guy - weather he bowled brilliantly or waywardly, he never failed to entertain. The way he charged in to to bowl, taking gigantic strides will be the memory to savor.

Good luck Akhter.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's hard stuff being a cricket fan on here and having to read some of the stuff on CW at the moment. It's just ugly.