• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Played Pakistan!

Weezy

Cricket Spectator
Well done I suppose for getting so far with a secondary bowling attack but I'm glad they lost. Until the Akmals and other dodgy characters are on the team (including Afridi the cheat), the Pakistan team is not exactly likable.

Borges

International Regular
Well played Pakistan! No one expected you to be a major force when the WC started; but you did put up an excellent show, with wins over Sri Lanka and Australia and a closely fought semifinal against India. Afridi is right, he has every reason to be proud of this team.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Congrats Indian fans.:)

It was poetic justice that India got one over Pakistan.In 2007 both bowed out together since then Indian has become stronger playing united under one skipper while Pakistan went from one controversy to the next I would prefer that my team wins the world cup on the back of 2-3 years of sustained good performance like we did in 92 or Ind or SL will do this year.

However as for the game I feel it was more Pakistan loosing then India winning.Hafeez played a daft shot, Misbah and Younis murdered the middle overs and Afridi as usual threw it away when finally we were getting some momentum.It was a tourney where we can hold our head high however Pakstan has alot of work to do the impact of Asif and Aamer getting banned has still not been felt fully yet not many people realist that two potential ATG's have been lost in no time and Gul despite being very good will never be a leader of the attack like Aamer or Asif.Pakistan batting is still shaky Umer Akmal it seems will struggle to realise his potential but in Asad and Azhar Ali I feel we have found two batsman who will hold up well for the future.Most importantly we need to find a keeper who can atleast hold his catches.Interesting times coming up for Pakistan cricket.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done I suppose for getting so far with a secondary bowling attack but I'm glad they lost. Until the Akmals and other dodgy characters are on the team (including Afridi the cheat), the Pakistan team is not exactly likable.

Wow really wonderful posting here.

salman85

International Debutant
So Weezy joined the forum two years ago,has made seven posts so far,two of which have been aimed at demeaning Pakistan.

Sweet.

Weezy

Cricket Spectator
So Weezy joined the forum two years ago,has made seven posts so far,two of which have been aimed at demeaning Pakistan.

Sweet.

waits for conspiracy theory about how I am a Mossad agent sent to insult the great powerful nation that is Pakistan.......

get over yourself

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Would have said played Pakistan but they should have won. Usual suspects to blame for the defeat, usual suspects to line-up against the Windies in May.

cnerd123

likes this
Afridi <3 :wub:

Althought I agree with Weezy to an extent. While I do love most of the Pak side (Afridi, Hafeez, Younis, Misbah, Ajmal, Shafiq...), I find it very hard to support them when they have Riaz and the Akmals in the side. Pak used to be one of my favourite sides to watch and support, but now I really don't hope they do well; or atleast, that Riaz and the Akmals don't do well.

Ajmal was freaking awesome yesterday tho. And Hafeez. Great in the field, bowled very well, and was dismantling us with the bat till that stupid, stupid shot. Srsly, what is it with Pakistanis and getting out playing that cute little scoop over the shoulder in pressure situations?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afridi <3 :wub:

Althought I agree with Weezy to an extent. While I do love most of the Pak side (Afridi, Hafeez, Younis, Misbah, Ajmal, Shafiq...), I find it very hard to support them when they have Riaz and the Akmals in the side. Pak used to be one of my favourite sides to watch and support, but now I really don't hope they do well; or atleast, that Riaz and the Akmals don't do well.

Ajmal was freaking awesome yesterday tho. And Hafeez. Great in the field, bowled very well, and was dismantling us with the bat till that stupid, stupid shot. Srsly, what is it with Pakistanis and getting out playing that cute little scoop over the shoulder in pressure situations?
There is a reason Hafeez averages 23 with the bat in ODIs and that shot epitomized it.

salman85

International Debutant

waits for conspiracy theory about how I am a Mossad agent sent to insult the great powerful nation that is Pakistan.......

get over yourself
Nah.You're not a Mossad agent.They've got intelligent people in there.

salman85

International Debutant
He's definitely not ****.

He hardly ever looks bad.Always times the ball well,always looks in good touch.His stats don't do justice to him at all.He just needs to learn to convert those starts into big scores.

salman85

International Debutant
He won't do a Gooch but he's good enough to play for another 5-6 years in the shorter form of the game atleast.