• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Rooting for SL here though got a gut feeling that India may win this. Every team I've supported has lost so far :(

Malinga looks out of sorts and middle order still sucks. Thankfully Sanga and Dilshan looks good so far though.

Bun

Banned
Haha surely all permutations and combinations of possible results have already been explored by the multitude of matches these two have had against each other? Surely?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Worst final ever. We've seen enough ffs. There is not a single thing any of the players could do that would be surprising in the slightest to any other player, the staff, or the viewing public.

What would exactly be the gameplan?

"So boys...do the things we've been doing for the last forty matches."

Lostman

State Captain
India firm favorites, but how I would love a repeat of 96. To beat India at home again, would be so epic.

BTW, Murali's last game and needs 4 wickets to surpass McGrath as the greatest wicket taker in WC.
Last time Murali faced India in his last test close to a milestone, this happended. Might as well make it symmetric and finish off in style in ODI's well, with a SL win:cool:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Are they planning to drop silva or what? Perera should play instead of Crappu/Silva for mine.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Are they planning to drop silva or what? Perera should play instead of Crappu/Silva for mine.
Makes the tail even worse, Perera shouldn't bat higher than 8. I should think they'll bring in another seamer, so drop Herath for him or Kulasekera.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SL are big favourites as they are by far the best all-round side in subcontinental conditions in the comp

They have quality batsmen, bowlers and fieldsmen whilst India only excel in one discipline

Lostman

State Captain
I hope so. But they seem so reluctant to go with a 6-5 combination, despite the seventh batsmen being so bad. Would be curious to see if Mendis plays as well. He has been bowling well recently.

Lostman

State Captain
Makes the tail even worse, Perera shouldn't bat higher than 8. I should think they'll bring in another seamer, so drop Herath for him or Kulasekera.
Kulasekera just doesn't match up well against India. As much as it pains me to say this Fernando is probably a better option.

Shri

Mr. Glass
SL are big favourites as they are by far the best all-round side in subcontinental conditions in the comp

They have quality batsmen, bowlers and fieldsmen whilst India only excel in one discipline
Their middle order has not yet been tested in the WC and India's fielding and bowling has improved a ****load in the last 3 games with Ashwin and Raina being brought back into the team. SL's bowling is good but not so good that they are invincible. Will probably be a close game.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Would still back him to do better than Silva. Silva's gonna be massive fail during slog overs unlike Perera. It'd be harsh on herath to drop him, he's been pretty good so far. And they might need some back up if mendis fails (which I expect him to). Kula for him is not a bad idea at all though.

Last edited:

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
I expect a comfortable victory, nothing less. The hard work has already been done. SL are stronger than Pakistan but India will fancy putting up a huge total against this attack. The SL bowling is good but for some reason India always take a liking to them.

M0rphin3

International Debutant

Massively DWTA - the middle/lower middle order of SL has been pretty inconsistent tstl. Indian bowling has improved a LOT and is pretty effective in home conditions. Besides that SL have a dire record in India IIRC.

Kulasekera just doesn't match up well against India. As much as it pains me to say this Fernando is probably a better option.
Fernando? No Duh.