• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oops!!

My memory it seems has deserted me here.

Seem to remember Mendis doing well against India in srilanka too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That match was in Karachi. Mendis looks to be a much improved bowler in this tournament, he isn't giving away the four-ball per over that our batsmen thrived on after they learned to pick him. He is very dangerous if batsmen are forced to try and attack him because he bowls so wicket-to-wicket.
Not really sure about that.

He has still only played all his matches only in srilanka,with the opposition being in trouble early on.
Still not sure about his effectiveness if it is a 300 plus wicket. Which it may or may not be.

In any case the Indian top 3 if Gambhir plays read him better than anyone in the world.
All 3 have previously showed they can hit even his good ball for fours.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't think there is much chance of Vaas coming straight into the team.
Why would they bother naming him as standby if there wasn't, though?

It'd be gun if he came straight in. Perfect replacement too IMO when you consider how much he's improved his batting.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Why would they bother naming him as standby if there wasn't, though?

It'd be gun if he came straight in. Perfect replacement too IMO when you consider how much he's improved his batting.
Him coming in for mathews would weaken the batting no doubt, even though he may have improved his batting in the domestic scene.

In any case why would they pick him ahead of Perrera and Fernando who they picked initially ahead of him in the squad and both of whom have previously done well against India.
He would only arrive today in any case and won't have even trained ahead of such a game.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When India plays three pace bowlers and none of them **** up, you know we're in form.

R_D

International Debutant
When India plays three pace bowlers and none of them **** up, you know we're in form.
:laugh:

Unbelievable stuff from Munaf and Nehra....Was cursing Dhoni at the toss like every other Indian supporter.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Vaas? wow. Feel like i've been transported back in time.

Imagine he returned and won a WC.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, Zaheer was bad. :p
Zaheer is awesome so he is excused :) I was all ready to blame Dhoni for selecting Nehra at the toss, wonder how this magical turn of form from Nehra came around. Dhoni is one lucky/influential fella

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Zaheer is awesome so he is excused :) I was all ready to blame Dhoni for selecting Nehra at the toss, wonder how this magical turn of form from Nehra came around. Dhoni is one lucky/influential fella
No captain wud come this far,,with only luck!!!:cool:

Chehtha

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Exactly my thoughts. Still remember the fifer that crushed india to 53 in the final in sharjah. But his effectiveness in this match after such a long hiatus is the question

Himannv

International Coach
Exactly my thoughts. Still remember the fifer that crushed india to 53 in the final in sharjah. But his effectiveness in this match after such a long hiatus is the question
I think if Tendulkar and Sehwag get out early, he might be a real handful with those indippers of his.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Last FC game, match figures of 22-8-36-9. Randiv recebtly took 8/38 in a FC game. Both are in hot form, and these were the ones with Chandimal SL public has been crying for instead of passengers.